Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everone:

I am posting this first time in this HTPC forum. To begin with, I apologize if this has been recently asked before. I didn't read many threads in this section. But I am in a market for a DVD burner. There are a couple of nice ones out there with 4x(R)/2x(RW) speeds. I would like to know if anything faster is coming soon. I also heard of Blue-ray device. Is it coming soon? Does anyone know of its price and spec?

Thank you.

Michaelmorio

·
Registered
545 Posts
This summer Pioneer is supposed to release the DVR-106 which is basically the 105 with minor improvements. This fall they will release the DVR-107 which will be an 8X burner.

Clay

·
Registered
501 Posts
The Sony DV-500AX will burn DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R and DVD-RW. Don't know if it is a blue or not?

Check pricewatch for the lowest price (300+).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
p3131a

Thank you for your info. I am aware of that model. But the price is a bit higher than others.

Michaelmorio

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The Sony is a bit higher but if you want to backup DVD's it's best to have a burner that can do both the DVD-R & DVD+R formats because it is hit or miss with compatability of Stand Alone DVD Players. You may have a player that can read DVD-R DVD's now but if you buy a new DVD player and all of the sudden you have a player that only reads DVD+R's then you are screwed!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sony is to release the DRU-510A in a week or so. It will be 4X R and 4X RW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.