AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Hitachi 43UWX10B, and a Toshiba 3109 DVD player (I've had for a few years)

Some people tell me I should go get a new prog scan DVD player, others tell me the line doubler in my Hitachi is more than sufficient and I won't see a major bump in picture quality by going to prog scan

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Minor improvement only ...

It is almost never a huge difference.

Regards

·
Registered
794 Posts
Mike, is correct. I've done tests and saw only very minor improvments in fast motion scene's. Not worth the investment... you want reall GOOD DVD picture.. build yourself a HTPC..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx much guys. I'll save my money for my ISF calibration

? = What is a HTPC?

Home Theater Personal Computer?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes..

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have a Yamaha C920 with a button that goes progressive/non-progressive and I have done some A/B testing. Though the difference may be minor, I do feel it helps the details a alot and it is not just fast actions scenes.. For example, The lord of the rings has some shots of the hobbit town in the beginning. You can tell a big difference in the grass areas between progressive and non-progressive. I have a 60" GWII and I am sure size has something to do with how much of a difference you see. At 43" it might not be noticable, but at 60" the small difference helps in the overall quality of the pictures. I am glad I have it and happy I upgraded my DVD unit. I dont feel I wasted my money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.