Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm looking for a recommendation for a new DVD player. I recently got a 42" mits and currently have a fairly low end samsung player. I've looked at the phillips dvd q50, denon 2800II( A local dealer has an open box Denon [email protected]$375.00). Any input on these two or alternatives would sure be appreciated.

Zaxdad

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Zaxdad,

Also put the Panasonic RP82 on your list. Assume player with the best PQ I have seen to date on any DVD player.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris.

I've heard thata a good player. I can't seem to find one anywhere.

If anyone has any sugestions, please let me know.

Zaxdad

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would kook for a DVD player with the Faroudja chip set. This is a highly regarded de-interlacer and I don't think you would be disappointed. Some Panny's have them as do the Denons. I purchased the Denon 1600 a few weeks ago and so far, I have been very please.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Phillips also has the faroudja chip set. My only concern is that it is a relatively old model. does anyone have any experience with it?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Zaxdad:

Does your 42" Mits have DVI with HDCP? If so (or if it is upgradeable), consider the Samsung H931 reportedly coming in June for a list price of $349 (street price will be lower after a bit) which has 720p and 1080i out via DVI. This keeps the picture in the digital mode until it gets to your eyes. The first DVD player that output DVI was the Brado D1 but there are some issues with it, so you should check out those discussions if you are in a real hurry...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.