AVS Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 3940 Posts

·
UHD Addict
38,302 Posts
I hope my three year extended warranty I got with my Duo is still good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Even though I knew the answer I emailed them asking if the Edge was going to receive a CMS upgrade, they did reply the hardware doesn't support it. Another American company taken over by communist China. The super premium of Lumagen is starting to look more appealing. I was planning on upgrading to the Duo but these recent events do not inspire confidence.

·
Registered
871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress /forum/post/20790776

To follow up, I called them yesterday evening, during their business hours. I got voicemail. I left a message, but this is not encouraging; nor is your experience.

Ken got back to me the same day I emailed him (last week).

·
Banned
295 Posts
Howdy all:

Allow me to provide a general update and offer both apologies and a quick peek under the covers. (Feel free to PM me for more information, help, or if you are not getting response via website or email).

Clearly, there have been a few things fall through the cracks in the last few months as DVDO has gone through a transition from AnchorBay to Silicon Image. That's actually a really good thing since Silicon Image is the leading silicon provider to HDTVs and other similar CE A/V devices. Unfortunately, it took a little while to get everything stabilized and we had a few bad customer service moments. Sincere apologies and that is all being fixed now. (Under new management as it were...)

The great thing is that DVDO is in the process of a whole new market re-launch with a whole new line of products focused on the home-theater and CEDIA space. I would invite you all to the CEDIA show in early September where we will be launching products, providing in depth CMS training, and giving everyone a look at the new DVDO.

So, thanks for your patience, even if we caused you trouble or angst in the past few months - it will get better - right away.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Feller
Howdy all:

Allow me to provide a general update and offer both apologies and a quick peek under the covers. (Feel free to PM me for more information, help, or if you are not getting response via website or email).

Clearly, there have been a few things fall through the cracks in the last few months as DVDO has gone through a transition from AnchorBay to Silicon Image. That's actually a really good thing since Silicon Image is the leading silicon provider to HDTVs and other similar CE A/V devices. Unfortunately, it took a little while to get everything stabilized and we had a few bad customer service moments. Sincere apologies and that is all being fixed now. (Under new management as it were...)

The great thing is that DVDO is in the process of a whole new market re-launch with a whole new line of products focused on the home-theater and CEDIA space. I would invite you all to the CEDIA show in early September where we will be launching products, providing in depth CMS training, and giving everyone a look at the new DVDO.

So, thanks for your patience, even if we caused you trouble or angst in the past few months - it will get better - right away.
Thank you for getting involved here.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Feller

The great thing is that DVDO is in the process of a whole new market re-launch with a whole new line of products focused on the home-theater and CEDIA space. I would invite you all to the CEDIA show in early September where we will be launching products,.....
First off, I am glad to hear that DVDO is resurfacing. That said, can I hope that DVDO will also actively support their current product line again? ... e.g. there had been rumors on and off regarding a firmware update for the Duo

____

Axel

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel
First off, I am glad to hear that DVDO is resurfacing. That said, can I hope that DVDO will also actively support their current product line again? ... e.g. there had been rumors on and off regarding a firmware update for the Duo

____

Axel
They have posted V2.32 firmware on their web page for Duo.

Rew

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew452
They have posted V2.32 firmware on their web page for Duo.

Rew
Thanks Rew! I had not seen this yet.

____

Axel

·
UHD Addict
38,302 Posts
Does it still reset the CMS info with a firmware upgrade? and is there still no way to save this info to reload after a firmware upgrade?

·
Banned
295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt /forum/post/20800745

Does it still reset the CMS info with a firmware upgrade? and is there still no way to save this info to reload after a firmware upgrade?

I'll find out and get right back to you - it does seem like a feature that would be obvious to implement though, right?

DF

·
Banned
295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel /forum/post/20800079

____

Axel

All I can say is BAM...
A new version is on the website!

·
Registered
114 Posts

Quote:

Just performed the update, and I can confirm that it retains all settings (CMS as well as all others).

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi DF. Thanks for joining the forum!!

The new update mentioned about a bug fix:

Test Pattern generator was programmed with wrong RGB2YCbCr coefficients

Can you elaborate more on this? Does it mean that the internal test pattern generated by DUO is not correct? If so, which one (grayscale or CMS or both??)

I actually emailed Ken about 6 months ago on what looks like the same issue.

Basically, I go to test pattern, and say I select a RED75 pattern.

Then, I go to CMS, Color Gamut, and then pick RED x.

What I see on the left side of the screen is INPUT: R:73.9, G:1.2, B:0.1...

(something like that). And then same set of number but labelled as output on the right hand side. The right hand side should be a perfect 75, since it is from internal test pattern generator.

This is very important to me (and probably to a lot of users) who use Calman or Chromapure, who use the VP internal pattern for autocal. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

Quote:

I forget who the author of this RS232 program. He posted in this thread last year. Anyway, you can download it and a text file here at my googledocs page -

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...4ZmYz&hl=en_US

This program offers some options including saving/transferring settings. One of the best of its assets is that you can calibrate without all the obnoxious Duo garbage contaminating the screen because all that is visible are the patterns, nothing more. Very cool program and FREE. It works like ControlCal for Pioneers and Panasonics.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu /forum/post/20801197

Hi DF. Thanks for joining the forum!!

The new update mentioned about a bug fix:

Test Pattern generator was programmed with wrong RGB2YCbCr coefficients

Can you elaborate more on this? Does it mean that the internal test pattern generated by DUO is not correct? If so, which one (grayscale or CMS or both??)

I actually emailed Ken about 6 months ago on what looks like the same issue.

Basically, I go to test pattern, and say I select a RED75 pattern.

Then, I go to CMS, Color Gamut, and then pick RED x.

What I see on the left side of the screen is INPUT: R:73.9, G:1.2, B:0.1...

(something like that). And then same set of number but labelled as output on the right hand side. The right hand side should be a perfect 75, since it is from internal test pattern generator.

This is very important to me (and probably to a lot of users) who use Calman or Chromapure, who use the VP internal pattern for autocal. Thanks.

Tom Huffman has commented on this. I think it was one color that was suspect but I'm old and my memory sucks. It's easy enough to check though. I'll do a before/after FW comparison and then check the "after" with my reference generator.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 /forum/post/20801481

Tom Huffman has commented on this. I think it was one color that was suspect but I'm old and my memory sucks. It's easy enough to check though. I'll do a before/after FW comparison and then check the "after" with my reference generator.

Great! Thanks for checking!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu /forum/post/0

Great! Thanks for checking!

I'll take readings tonight, processing turned off, Accupel DVG-5000 vs Duo patterns, pre and post FW update.

from my iPhone

·
Registered
328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 /forum/post/20801465

I forget who the author of this RS232 program. He posted in this thread last year. Anyway, you can download it and a text file here at my googledocs page -

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...4ZmYz&hl=en_US

This program offers some options including saving/transferring settings. One of the best of its assets is that you can calibrate without all the obnoxious Duo garbage contaminating the screen because all that is visible are the patterns, nothing more. Very cool program and FREE. It works like ControlCal for Pioneers and Panasonics.

It's from mdehoog and you can read about it at the 2.3 thread at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1286122 Version 0.5 is the latest - completely brilliant tool which saves HOURS & HOURS

·
Registered
5,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 /forum/post/20802721

I'll take readings tonight, processing turned off, Accupel DVG-5000 vs Duo patterns, pre and post FW update.

The new FW played havoc with the grayscale.

Before (pre) are patterns from an Accupel DVG-5000 signal generator and After (post) are iScan Duo internal patterns. CMS Bypass is ON. The reports on the left are before the FW update and those on the right are after the update.

2621 - 2640 of 3940 Posts