AVS Forum banner

5881 - 5900 of 5962 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in Milan (Italy) there's a service center for these DVDOs, the point is understand if there's a solution for that "serious error 14"...

Ettore

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Most errors on the DVDO VPxx machines are caused by failing power supplies. And if it's not the power supply (which is rare) they're usually beyond repair.

So do yourself a favor and replace the PSU first. It's not this easy to pick up a 6V7A PSU for the 50Pro, but you can usually find some on ebay from chinese resellers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No, this is not my case...

I've changed two times - in the past - the original PSU of the VP50 and VP50PRO, but the last one is a very good PSU and works perfectly with my video processor.

Ettore

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am in process of buying a replacement. Can you advice which one works flawlessly. The last one I bought from China (New 100-240V 6V 7A 7000mA AC-DC Switching Power Supply Converter Adapter) didnt survive a night. Luckily I got my money back. I also got a reply from DVDO that they are selling their power supply on Amazon for $80. Is there a cheaper good alternative?

·
Registered
47 Posts
serious error 14

I had this error after upgrading firmware. I turned on and off the unit and it worked.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dear Users,

Currently, among other HDMI and Component devices, I have the Sony DVD and 2 other devices connected to the RSP-1098 via component, then component out to the VP50 Pro... And all the HDMI devices connected to VP50 Pro..

Is it better to have all devices connected to the directly to the VP50 Pro or can I keep the devices connected to 1098 then the output to the VP50 Pro?

Thank you!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello!!

This weekend I went to a home theater store and look what I found!

Brand new, sealed in box.. and its mine! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Analog Output

Having a heck of a time connecting to component in from the analog output thru bnc to rca adaptors. I have verified YPbPr component input alright in to vp50pro. From left to right on the bnc output I have green blue then red component cables plugged in. My output settings are

Analog/Digital: BNC (Analog)
Format: 720p-60
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Sync Type: Tri-Level
Color Space: YPbPr
Framerate: 60Hz

I've plugged the component cables in to older Samsung TV Component input that supports 480p/720p/1080i and No Signal. I've even tried with no hdmi connections on vp50pro. I even tried another component cable to be sure wasn't that. Still No Signal. Any Suggestions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Having a heck of a time connecting to component in from the analog output thru bnc to rca adaptors. I have verified YPbPr component input alright in to vp50pro. From left to right on the bnc output I have green blue then red component cables plugged in. My output settings are

Analog/Digital: BNC (Analog)
Format: 720p-60
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Sync Type: Tri-Level
Color Space: YPbPr
Framerate: 60Hz

I've plugged the component cables in to older Samsung TV Component input that supports 480p/720p/1080i and No Signal. I've even tried with no hdmi connections on vp50pro. I even tried another component cable to be sure wasn't that. Still No Signal. Any Suggestions.
Any opinions on the DVDO VP30? Would it (or a VP50) improve the picture on my used but new to me JVC RS-1?

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
who knows what JVC RS-1 is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
who knows what JVC RS-1 is.
The RS1 is a 1080p resolution, D-ILA-based projector with extremely high contrast, very low fan noise, and the same pixel-free image with virtually perfect color processing we are used to seeing from JVC, all for a supremely competitive price of $6,295 (when released in 2007). The DLA-RS1 is without a doubt the finest projector JVC has ever made for the consumer marketplace.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Nope not if source is HD which does not need no stinking processing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all,
It's been years since my HT build, and a move but unfortunately what I believe are HDMI errors with my VP50Pro have driven me back into research phase. AVS Forum continues to be amazing in that regard.

Apologies for resurrecting a 3 month old thread - but has anyone else had issues where the audio from sources (Xbox 360, PS3, UVerse box) has an unbearable scratching/clicking noise when switching inputs on the processor? I'm outputting to a ~3 yr old Samsung display (no longer a projector person for the time being), and directly connecting the sources to the screen alleviates the problem.

Final question, which is really more of a verification: Should I ditched the DVDO and just simply find a replacement HDMI switch as I'm no longer taking advantage of the scaling / video processing capabilities with this display?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I stopped routing any audio sources through my Pro a long time ago - it's always been particularly buggy with audio for me, especially with the last firmware (rolled back to the earlier firmware for a while before I stopped using it for audio). I forget if I had any problems with HDMI audio input , but I definitely had noise problems with optical audio or analog audio input -> HDMI audio output.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a VP-50 and I believe it is a better unit than the Pro. I think most people were lured in by the Pro with features that never seemed to be fully functional. Also, if I remember correctly, at about that time of the Pros release DVDO was being sold or reorganized or something like that. I have never had any issues with my unit other than the power supply has been replaced twice. Although, as time progresses I can see problems happening with older equipment with older firmware, similar to new DVDs not playing on very old players. I think I will always use a hub. I like having 5 sources but only sending 1 HDMI cable to my projector. As a suggestion, I would check your cables (maybe even switch them to see if the problem remains), blow out the connectors with compressed air, clean cable contacts with contact cleaner, unplug/restart the VP, if you are using any optical cables they could be damaged/dirty....Just my thoughts. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
can any of the anchor bay / dvdo products with vrs (abt-102) really improve the quality of crappy, compressed 480i stb cable signals? when some of these products first came out and rep(s) started forum threads to introduce them, i believe "dramatic" improvement was a term often used to describe what these units could do for 480i tv signals. now, many years later with the dust having settled, were any of these units significantly better at handling compressed 480i signals than what their competitors offered? back in the day i threw several scalers/processors at the 480i problem, including a centerstage cs1, a key digital vphd3 and a grefen 1080p hdmi, and none handled 480i well, the compressed 480i signal still looked terrible.

i live in a rural area that can't receive ota tv, which reduces the number of hd channel options. my local mom and pop cable company offers a hd lineup but it's not impressive in terms of quantity. consequently there is a ton of 480i programming available but it's just not worth watching on a big screen because the quality is so bad, even with the processors i mentioned. it would be nice to find something that could improve the quality of these signals, not make them hd, but make them much better. can a legacy anchor bat / dvdo product do that?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I remember the HDMI Flea being praised for such sources and I was thinking of getting one myself years ago, but they're no longer made and kinda hard to find (none currently on eBay at the moment). I seem to remember reports of them easily burning out (they're passively cooled), though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have benq w1070 and using zoom method to fill in my 125" 2:35.1 screen no problem but 16:9 content is too big at 1080p or either too small if I change resolution to 720. Can I convert 16:9 video to fit in my 2:35.1 screen using aspect ratio control with vp50 pro? Anamorphic lens is only for stretching 2:35.1 content without zoom methhod and nothing to do with 16:9 content, I need a video processor to what I'm trying to do am I right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Power Supply

Can anyone tell me if my SINPRO SPU45E-103 power supply is no good due to the fact that when I plug it in to my vp50pro there is no power. When it is plugged in to a power outlet the green light does come on. But, when I plug in to vp50pro, the green light turns off.
Any ideas on how to get a replacement? Google search didn't come up with anything.

·
Premium Member
35,259 Posts
Can anyone tell me if my SINPRO SPU45E-103 power supply is no good due to the fact that when I plug it in to my vp50pro there is no power. When it is plugged in to a power outlet the green light does come on. But, when I plug in to vp50pro, the green light turns off.
Any ideas on how to get a replacement? Google search didn't come up with anything.
I purchased this one here from a UK seller on ebay and it works perfectly with my VP50. The same seller sells the same PS for the VP50 Pro as well. Took about 2 weeks to reach me on the US west coast. It cost about $24.

Or you can spend about $80 from Amazon US. The Amazon listing is the one DVDO tech support directed me to but they also said the one I found on ebay should work just as well, and it does.

5881 - 5900 of 5962 Posts