AVS Forum banner

5921 - 5940 of 5962 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
what is the lastest firmware version? Is there really a need for upgrading? I mean I can't really connect it to my pc du missing serial port interface

thanks

·
Premium Member
35,288 Posts
what is the lastest firmware version? Is there really a need for upgrading? I mean I can't really connect it to my pc du missing serial port interface

thanks
The DVDO site used to host the listing of firmware versions along with a download of those versions, including all relevant documentation, but it looks like you have to request it now. Seems like a cheap move, it can't cost but a few pennies to host that stuff. It might be available elsewhere though.

http://dvdo.com/products/legacy-products/

If I recall correctly, the last version for the 50 Pro was 1.14 and for the 50 it was 1.09.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone replaced the fans inside the Pro?

I'm noticing noise coming from the fans, not so much loudness but as if one is struggling, I took the cover off and there is a lot of play in one fan compared to the other.

I was looking to buy one or two of these Noctua NF A4X10 FLX 5V (sorry can't add a link) if they're right for the job.

Has anyone done anything more radical such as re-seat the heatsinks, or is that really unnecessary?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone replaced the fans inside the Pro?

I'm noticing noise coming from the fans, not so much loudness but as if one is struggling, I took the cover off and there is a lot of play in one fan compared to the other.

I was looking to buy one or two of these Noctua NF A4X10 FLX 5V (sorry can't add a link) if they're right for the job.

Has anyone done anything more radical such as re-seat the heatsinks, or is that really unnecessary?
I went ahead a bought a couple of the Noctua's, they're not the cheapest available but the unit's now nice and quiet.

Not cool and quiet as more heat seems to come from back right above the hdmi out than from the chips. :rolleyes::)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
recommended many times before: get a slow and silent 120mm or 140mm fan, just place it on top of the case (where the venting holes are located). It will keep the whole unit so much cooler, so the small fans on the FPGAs hardly won't spin up any longer. And the best thing: you can power the 120/140mm from the 12V relais outputs on the back and even control the new fan through the menu this way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good suggestion, although I don't want to spoil the aesthetic ;)

I'm only using it in short bursts at the moment and it's not found a permanent home yet, when it does I'll look into better cooling.

Thanks Fudoh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, i´ve a new apple tv 4 and connected it with my vp50 pro (Input HDMI 2).
Every time i switch to the HDMI 2 Input the LCD screen went black.
Only for a split second i can see the apple tv surface before the screen gets black.

Any ideas to solve this?

Problem solved: factory reset and everything is fine

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Hi... my power brick is bricked. DVDO number out of service. Website has power brick link to Amazon that says currently unavailable. Ebay has them for sale, but then seller messaged me that it wont work on mine. Can someone please give me a link to a reputable power brick? Need 6v 7a. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can try and google for MW7H50GS. I've had good experiences with that one. Technically it's rated 6V at 5A as well, but it's a 60W power supply and the 5A also apply to other output voltages like 12V, so it got lots of reserves. I've been using it on my secondary 50Pro for quite some time now.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
it will work, but you should pay attention to how hot it's running. Somebody recently told me that he couldn't properly use the trigger outputs when using a 6V5A PSU, so obviously it's running at its max capacity when used on a 50Pro.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
it will work, but you should pay attention to how hot it's running. Somebody recently told me that he couldn't properly use the trigger outputs when using a 6V5A PSU, so obviously it's running at its max capacity when used on a 50Pro.
Thanks for the help. I tried googling yours but Im only finding overseas connectors... do you have a link to one that might work in the US?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
sorry, no (since I'm here in Germany). I recently found the same (or very similar) PSU from a US-based seller (when somebody else asked me), but right now I really can't the link.

Reactions: shamus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the same power supply from shamus link, it worked a couple of month and died then...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
honestly, your best option is to get your existing PSU recapped with some quality capacitors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sneak peek... ;-)

5921 - 5940 of 5962 Posts