AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Although they appear to be very similar in design to the CHT's, it's hard to speculate since woofer/cd/horn selections and crossover design/port/cabinet design will determine SQ. It appears they may be using a 12" woofer which may mean they're shooting for extension to perhaps 60 Hz, which is a good design choice IMO.

I will certainly be looking forward to hearing reports from early adopters.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If I can't get any eD people to make it to my Sub GTG in October (if they can, I'll plead for a trio of the new Cinema speakers), I am probably going to purchase 3 by early winter to compare to my SHO-10s.

Their price point is in the ballpark of the CHTs (12" higher, 6" lower).

The early adopter price will be very tempting for those interested.

Otherwise, we don't know much other than what the drivers are and the rough dimensions.

No crossover info as of yet so I'm waiting to learn more. (buying might depend on that)

·
Registered
15,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDTrainer /forum/post/20798267

Come on write like your at least some what literate.

Physician, heal thyself! Try this rewrite.

Come on, write like you're at least somewhat literate.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I'm interested in this comparison and to see what the ED speakers are capable of. However, I'm always reading about quality issues with ED, which is a concern. Hopefully they work things out.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
really i been reading alot about them and talking to them on the fone. they seem like good plp and i have not herd to many bad things but all companies have there share of problems. Cant wait for someone to write a review about them.

·
Banned
513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2075 /forum/post/20798788

really i been reading alot about them and talking to them on the fone. they seem like good plp and i have not herd to many bad things but all companies have there share of problems. Cant wait for someone to write a review about them.

Herd? Are we now "herding" speakers?

Fone? I assume you mean phone

alot? that would be a lot

plp? what is a plp? I know what a pdp is but a plp? Never "herd" of that

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
GSDTrainer, maybe you are a little older and not part of the generation that is texting / tweeting all day. They have created a new language that takes of less characters. Its purely short form and not that hard to figure out.

This is an audio forum not a proper english class....honestly, English class has been out for 5+ years now, no one really cares any more!! Welcome to the new world

I understood 100% of what he posted so he is fine with me.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you come to the forum to check plps--(PEOPLES) grammer and spelling. you better go buy some gear. You must be bored. SAY SOMETHING AGAIN AND WE GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS!! YOUR MESSING WITH THE WRONG GUY.

·
Registered
778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2075 /forum/post/20800372

you come to the forum to check plps--(PEOPLES) grammer and spelling. you better go buy some gear. You must be bored. SAY SOMETHING AGAIN AND WE GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS!! YOUR MESSING WITH THE WRONG GUY.

Don't waste your energy. There are always people like that in forums. I feel really sorry for ESL folks sometimes.

You've got a good topic going. The eD Cinema series looks interesting and the target price seems reasonable. Derailing the thread over grammar and bravado isn't worth it.

/ROFL at Chu Gai, though.

1 - 20 of 579 Posts