AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had trouble with new egg honoring its email ads? I recently purchased a 24 hr only jbl 130 pair with free center channel. I got the email ad on Sunday, placed the order, entered the promo code and the center was listed in my shopping cart for 0 dollars. When submitted the order, the order went through w/o the free center channel. Now new egg is saying there never was a free center channel speaker offer. Like an idiot, I deleted the email with the offer. Anyone else ever have such an issue with new egg? I have had nothing but good luck until this order....

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Email isn't in your trash folder? I've never had any problems with New Egg and I've found their customer service pretty helpful. But things can change.....

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The university I work for delete items in the trash within 24 hours...I could have IT do a restore, but since this isn't work related, I won't ask. Never had any issue with new egg in the past.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it's a Gmail account it's still available.I once viewed all my emails,even the deleted ones. At the moment I can't give you the path but I know they are not gone.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Is this the ad you are looking for? I got it March 9.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cel....the ad I got had a couple "24 hr only" specials in it, which is what I purchased. I don't see any of those in the ad you sent, but thanks! I just have to provide the promote code and then New Egg will be able to look it up. I didn't even think to save a copy of the order, since I always get an invoice from New Egg. This time the invoice came was sent from pay pal and not one from new egg. Weird...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I saw the ad too, was tempted, great specs and reviews, but man those speakers looked fugly... I did add them to the cart and after applying promo the center WAS added... Sorry to hear about your trouble OP, but I cant believe Newegg would do that, very disappointed. Will be careful with my purchases in future.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to find the ad and have sent new egg the ad and the promo code. I cannot believe there claim that there was no such promotion on the speaker set, but now they have the chance to make it right!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts