AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Admittedly I haven't been looking for a new unit, but, no, I personally haven't heard anything. If there was a unit I would have been surprised that it wasn't shown at CES (unless of course it was).

Kras may have better information...

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,141 Posts
Reading the babelfish translation it said "using the same chassis" but with the darkchip 4 boosting brightness and contrast a tad.

Basierend auf dem selben Chassis wie seine kleinen Brüder bietet der neue PlayBig IN83 noch mehr Helligkeit (bis zu 1600 Lumen) und einen noch höheren nativen Kontrast (5000:1).

·
Registered
610 Posts
If they would only move to a 5x or 6x speed color wheel, or at least give us that menu option.

The 4x speed wheel on the IN82 is a big problem for the rainbow sensitive.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Same offset:

I hope they speed up the color wheel a little more as well. I also hope the blacker than black problem is resolved.

From specs posted:

Projection Lens:

Manual 1.2x Zoom Manual zoom 1.2x

F 2.6 - 2.8 F 2.6 - 2.8

f 39.1 - 46.9m F 39.1 - 46.9m

136% offset Offset 136%

According to this website: http://www.techfresh.net/gadgets/hdt...n83-projector/ the MSRP will be $6948.

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
InFocus specs are typically quite close to D65, they're really pretty boring as far as calibration goes. You can check out Jason's review though, I think he got over 1000 lumens from the 82 with the IRIS all the way open.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This blog/article claims that there's a digital vertical lens shift. Is digital different than moving the actual optics- meaning keystone correction?

"In line with the InFocus philosophy, the IN83 is tuned for action out-of-the-box, but include additional user-friendly features such as automatic colour gamut and black level calibration, and digital vertical lens shift. For more specific tuning, the IN83 can be customised to individual requirements using the InFocus Colour Gamut Calibrator and ISF Day & Night presets, which allow installers to “lock in” optimised calibration settings. For added versatility, an optional anamorphic lens attachment, in combination with the projectors’ sophisticated on-board video processing, allows 2.35:1 movies to be viewed utilising their full 1920 x 1080 resolution."

http://avblog.co.uk/?p=597

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmarasco /forum/post/13042836

This blog/article claims that there's a digital vertical lens shift. Is digital different than moving the actual optics- meaning keystone correction?

Digital lens shift (AKA image shift) is different than optical lens shift (which is different than keystone correction). Digital shift allows you to move the image vertically within the 16:9 frame. It's especially useful for masking off 2.35:1 movies - you just move the image to the bottom of the screen (or top) and mask off the dark area. That's easier than trying to mask 2 letterbox bars. It does not allow you to move the full 16:9 image though.

Optical lens shift allows you to move the image on your wall (sometimes vertically only, sometimes both vertically and horizontally) while keeping proper geometry (i.e. not having to keystone). This makes setup much easier.

Keystone correction is an electronic processing of the image to correct for setups where the PJ is not square to the wall and a trapezoidal image results. It is generally not recommended because it can compromise image quality.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus /forum/post/13003331

If they would only move to a 5x or 6x speed color wheel, or at least give us that menu option.

The 4x speed wheel on the IN82 is a big problem for the rainbow sensitive.

hmm no rainbow issue here.......guess I am immune!

geezes... $6300 v $5499? That is a hefty price increase!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKB /forum/post/13048206

Digital shift allows you to move the image vertically within the 16:9 frame.

r u saying the new IF is capable of this ? I can't even get this in a lumagen cutting edge video processor.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts