AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was speaking with our Epson rep at work the other day and she informed me that they have a new HT projector slated for 1Q 2004 - she didnt give specifics but did state it would compete well with other LCD's made for HT.

Sorry I dont have any real specifics, but at least we know there is something new around the corner....

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Seems like she could have been talking about the TW200. I don't remember when that one is supposed to get its US release, but if it is like some of the others, it might be after the release in Japan. I've heard the AE500 will be out October 10th in Japan, but not until about the beginning of the year in the US.

--Darin

·
Registered
107 Posts
From what I have heard so far this is the new Epson home theater line up:

TW10 (WVGA) (already[?] available)

TW200 (1280X720) (available in 1-2 months)

TW500 (1920X1080) (unknown availability, probably 1Q 2004)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just saw a demo of the Epson TW-10 yesterday at my suppliers showroom. Unfortunately it was only about a 10-minute demo.

Image was 92" diag on low gain screen.

Impressions:

Screen Door is very noticeable even at 2x screen width

Contrast is poor even in totally dark room conditions

Fan was fairly quiet and probably not an issue for most.

Colour saturation was good

Projector is available in Australia now.

Biggest complaint: In Australia Epson is requiring you to sell the proj with an HTPC, the supplier claims they cannot sell it to retailers any other way. If they wanted to make inroads against the X1 juggernaut, they should drop this silly requirement ASAP! A lot of purchasers will just walk away when they are told they must buy a HTPC with the projector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.