AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I demoed the new TW200h or + yesterday.I must say i was fairly impressed.I just sold my old AE500,so ive got that to compare it too.

Black levels were definately better as was VB.It had a DVI connection.

I sold my AE500 with intentions of buying the AE700 or the HS51,but am tempted by the Epson from Japan.Price is quite resonable.

They had a 5700 set up in the same room.I must say black levels were only a tad better on the 5700 but the rainbows were driving me crazy.

Overall i felt the 200 had the better PQ,as did the sales rep who seemed quite decent,but not very knowledgeble.

Anyone else here have any experiance with this projector.I wonder how it compares to the AE700.

P.S been a lurker here for 3 years now i think.

· Registered
807 Posts
G'day aias10: I saw an Epson 200 (not sure if it is the same model that you have in Oz) and was troubled by vertical banding. I agree that the picture was good but I have heard that the new panny 700 has better pq and black levels. Not sure about the price differences; certainly the 200 provides a decent picture but I just thought the DLP (rainbows don't bother me) was better and the vertical banding bugged me; once I noticed it I started seeing it in very light bright scene. YOu might want to check out cine4home.de; they do detailed reviews with consistent methodology in German! You can get a pretty good idea from the bablefish translator at altavista.com; they have looked at the 200 and panny 700.

Good luck with your search

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are correct in the 200 being far inferior to the 700 and any DLP unit in terms of contrast and VB.But this was the new 200H or 200+ model wich Epson have just released.I just searched for the specs and came up with 1000:1 contrast and 1500 lumens.

In all honesty this projector through out a better picture then the Infocus 5700 they had running next to it.

VB was minimal and the contrast level was far better then that to wich i was use to with my AE500.

If Epson claim 1000:1 contrast,you can pretty much beleive that is what u will get.

Im very curiouse to what the AE700 will actually put out in terms of black and contrast.Im hoping its a better projector,because i will end upo with it,but they seem to be at the same price level,and i would love ito hear from someone who has seen both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.