AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I post this in the incorrect area, please advise, respectfully.

I have just purchased the following;

Samsung LN52A750 52-Inch 1080p DLNA LCD HDTV - 120Hz with DLNA

Onkyo TX-SR606 7.1 Receiver - Purchased 01/16/08. To existing NHT Speakers

LG BD300 Network Blu-ray Disc Player - Hard wire internet connection. Netflix direct download

And have older;

Compaq laptop with Wi Fi & 60 Gig Hard Drive

Netgear stand alone Router. Server from Charter Modem.

My question is how to set all this up to make sure I get the most out of the options for this new equipment. I would like to begin by tying all this together to my wireless network, but need a good starting point. Any good/positive suggestions.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The most use i can see the Laptop being is for a wireless music streamer using either Sonos or Sqeezebox devices. You could expand with a NAS device for streaming video and audio. I suppose the TV will accept streaming audio and video?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. The TV can do everything up to and including DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance). I also understand that I can use the computer as a DVR, downloading from the Direct TV receiver, instead of purchasing another unit. And probably hook it up to the Direct TV receiver for wireless capabilities. Just guessing here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.