AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new f38310 was just delivered last week and I'm already hooked on hdtv and how my dvds look on this set. I don't have a calibration dvd (yet). I'm hoping that someone can suggest "ballpark" settings until I can get mine fine tuned.

Has anyone done this who would be willing to help?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Hello it differs from what your tstes are in color, lighting etc. For Vcr I have no contrast at all, 50% color and tint.

Black level is what was called brightness, your choice on how bright or dim, I have mine set on personal choice. Harldy any sharpness and you will view your Vhs at 480i double the vcr 240 lines in SP.

DVD it depends on your preferenceif your using a progressive scan DVD, see you have to tell us what equipment you have. Not many will ask you these questions most will view and keep going. I being a disabled guy have more paitience in telling you, to include such info on future posts.

You will get more responses if we know the equipment your using, also what grade of brand of cables. I use our AVS sponser www.bettercables.com Silver Serpents for component, S-Video, and composite.

I use the full or stretch format for all of my watching digital TV or movies that are screen burning 4:3 or discs that are 1.33:1. My F-38310 turned 1 year old on the 2nd of this month. This response will bump up your post, some only go down a few. talk to you later my red light just went on e-mail. CYA :)

·
Registered
22,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wxwx
My new f38310 was just delivered last week and I'm already hooked on hdtv and how my dvds look on this set. I don't have a calibration dvd (yet). I'm hoping that someone can suggest "ballpark" settings until I can get mine fine tuned.

Has anyone done this who would be willing to help?

Thanks!
Unfortunately all F38310's are not the same. Here are some guidelines:

make sure that the contrast set BELOW 50%

Try to keep the brightness around 45-55%

Color and tint, set to your preference. I've found that color at 50% works well for almost all and tint set at 35% is acceptable. (My set has too much red, so I set the tint lower).

Set the sharness one or two notches up from dead left.

These may not be perfect for your taste, but the important ones are the 'contrast' and 'sharpness'.... keep 'em as low as you can stand it!!

Also... keep in mind that each input's picture settings (ANT A, ANT B, Comp, S-Video, etc) are all independant of each other.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.