AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion about the new Fi HT line of subwoofer drivers here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2966422-dayton-ultimax-alternative.html

As it appears Scott is moving forward with the HT dedicated lines, I thought it would help if there was a thread with an appropriate title where people could bookmark or easily search for information on them.

As some may know, I just completed 2 of 4 subwoofers using a previous generation of the Fi Q that was modified for HT duty. I am excited to see Scott moving toward this market and look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Chris

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
There has been a lot of discussion about the new Fi HT line of subwoofer drivers here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2966422-dayton-ultimax-alternative.html

As it appears Scott is moving forward with the HT dedicated lines, I thought it would help if there was a thread with an appropriate title where people could bookmark or easily search for information on them.

As some may know, I just completed 2 of 4 subwoofers using a previous generation of the Fi Q that was modified for HT duty. I am excited to see Scott moving toward this market and look forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Chris
Subd...

Reactions: filtor1

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
How will the HT models be altered from the car lineup?

I ask because I was interested in a few of the car subs but never got any info back from Scott. And so I hope it will mean just a few simple small changes is all.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
How will the HT models be altered from the car lineup?

I ask because I was interested in a few of the car subs but never got any info back from Scott. And so I hope it will mean just a few simple small changes is all.
A softer suspension and a few other changes to get these to work I'm waiting on more details from Scott.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Can you ask him Le specs please?

I asked a few times now and have never gotten a reply.

Won’t be any FS specs for the higher two subs for a bit because he is finishing some other OEM work. He was just nice and got us the specs for the HT1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
It would be great if he Fi would make a driver optimized for a small ported (stonehenge/martycube) sub as well as one tuned for a 4-6 cubic ft sealed box. Lord knows there seems to be need in the DIY subwoofer community.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw some talk in the UM18-22 alternative thread about a possible group buy for the FI HT 18", is that still the case? If so, how does that work, I have never done a group buy from a forum before.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I saw some talk in the UM18-22 alternative thread about a possible group buy for the FI HT 18", is that still the case? If so, how does that work, I have never done a group buy from a forum before.
I only saw one comment in that thread from someone asking about a group buy but I have not seen anything official from Fi or anybody else. I chalk that comment up to “wishful thinking” at this point. Fi did say there would be a discount for an individual buying more than 4. Of course, I could have missed something.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I made a comment in that thread that I'd be in on a group buy. However, there currently is no group buy and I was merely planting the seed because often times group buys can help get these kind of projects off the ground, while also saving some cash.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I made a comment in that thread that I'd be in on a group buy. However, there currently is no group buy and I was merely planting the seed because often times group buys can help get these kind of projects off the ground, while also saving some cash.
I think I am finally in a position for a group buy as well if it were to come to fruition. I've been paying off other bills which has caused me to miss out on some great buys recently and I don't want to miss out on another potential winner. Sub'd for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think I am finally in a position for a group buy as well if it were to come to fruition. I've been paying off other bills which has caused me to miss out on some great buys recently and I don't want to miss out on another potential winner. Sub'd for sure.
If group buy should happen, count me in for two 18s in the $300per range.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'd be down for a GB for (2) 18s in the $300 range in about 2 months, assuming they can handle around 2kw RMS and would work well in a minimarty.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
for the range of what works and how and the way things are managed,

google up the UXL group buy from about 3 years ago . ., it took awhile

props @Deven Deholos (iirc the spelling)

one person has to be the liaison to the manufacturer / builder

then it's IF? we can get X HT fans to commit to purchase, what sort of bulk price might the maker offer, say if we can get a demand for 100 or 200 or whatever X number of drivers

this of course puts some demand on the builder to deal with supply lines and time frames and provide realistic (as possible) delivery time frames,

then you get GB price

then a first come first serve list is generated by folks signing up and also making a deposit (50%) probably directly to the builder, he has to manage cash flow too...

then you wait . . .

in the mean time, work on room correction

so most of the "work" falls on the builder, managing lists and payments and shipping and on and on . .

so be cool about it . . .

1 - 20 of 330 Posts