AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, this is an update to my search for discrete input codes for the HMN6339. My Samsung contact just informed me that they are in final testing of a new firmware version on the new 63 inch HD plasma (6339) which will include discrete input codes. I am assuming that it will also cover the 5039, but I don't know if that is true. I will let you all know when I get them.

I have no idea how they will distribute the new firmware - he told me he would send me the upgrade and a programming cable and I could do it myself with a laptop. So at least we will have one 'upgrade kit' available that I could send around if you wanted it.

E. J.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guys, after about two months of effort, I have finally upgraded the firmware on my 63 inch Samsung HPN6339 to accept discrete codes.

Long story very short, I have had the firmware for quite a while now, but was waiting on the actual remote discrete codes. A member from a different forum stepped up and helped me a few days ago and I am now pleased to report that my Plasma has discrete input and on/off codes available. I have the file in both a Pronto and HTM format. I have uploaded the files to the remotecentral site and they should be there once they update the site.

I also have the programming cable and firmware if anyone wants to borrow it. The file name includes '63' in it, so I am hesitant to send it to a 50" owner. If you have a 63 and want this capability, just let me know.

E. J.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.