AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Hi Art:

Yes, I've been looking at all three this past week and had a chance to look over FB 1 pretty well last night. I used my 57" Toshiba WS RPTV to look at it and have not as yet had it up on my Sony G90, but from all looks so far, it is well ahead of Artisan's previous release. Much better black level for starters which as you know gives more depth. EE was non-existent on the 57", but I could tell better if I had it up on the 10' screen. From all indications -- it's a winner.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Don't be too excited about the DTS or other audio as it is only mildly better then the originals! They added a bit of bass to the LFE when the gas station blows up and a couple other fleeting moments but that is about it the rest seem quite similar to the orginal.

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Well it is a dated soundtrack, but one hell of a movie!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by thebland
Well it is a dated soundtrack, but one hell of a movie!

Jeff
Agreed, I just hoped they could do magic to the soundtrack like some other releases have received.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
at least, this comes closer to the ..... laserdisc PCM :D :D without distortion, well, better :)

that is from 192kbps to 754kbps....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I am getting the box set today!

I actually love all 3 Rambo movies.

Hell, I may even pick up the LDs to hear the PCM tracks....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'll buy First Blood just to hear Richard Crenna say to Brian Dennehy: "His job is to kill. Period!

Classic.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My set arrived yesterday, can't wait to tear into it tonight. I preferred the first movie over parts 2 & 3, so I hope they did a good job on that one ;-)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I have all 3 Rambo I will wait, the list of movies I put into that Chris Cox thread are great. The Swarm and Wolfen are my favorites. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.