Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn!

I just about settled the fact that my New Year's present will be 34pw9818 HDTV with dvd963sa DVD/SA player (FLI 2301 chip), and now this!!!! Damn you, Philips!!! Why must you toy with me like this?!?! Aaaahhhh!!!

/regaining composure

Anyway, head to http://www.widescreen.philips.com/pdfs/

It has PDFs of promotional brochures for 2003 products. Matchline has finally arrived in the US! Of particular interest (at least to me):

Direct view HDTVs:

30pw9819 and 34pw9819 (yes, nineteen!) - Pixel Plus, Digital Natural Motion, DVI connector (!!)

DVD players:

DVDQ65 - 13 bit/108 MHz video processor, Multichannel SACD (!) with Advanced Bass Management

DVDQ75 - Digital Crystal Clear, Digital Photo and Music Manager(!), 720p line doubling(!), DVI connector (!!!)

/losing composure

Why?!?! Why do you, Philips, must dangle this in front of my nose when my HDTV dream was so close to be fulfilled?? Why must I spend another month after month staring at 19" TV, while awaiting above equipment to appear "at a Philips authorized dealer near you" real soon now... Why must I pursue the best and the most "future proof", while normal people are happily buying $500 4:3 analog sets (with $69 APEX DVD player on top) at local BestBuy???? Why? WHY?

/completely losing it, turning into whimpering mess

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Great! There is another dvdr from philips. A better one then the 985a. Now this means i cant buy anything.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Does anyone know the ETA on these devices?

·
Banned
178 Posts
Hey guys.. what are the difference between a DVDQ series and let's say their XXXSA line?

I know the DVDQ series looks slimmer.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
RAVEN56706

Where do you see something about a new dvdr in the above posts?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I think this may be vaporware in the most extreme sense of the word: not something that's announced and indefinitely delayed, but something that doesn't exist all.

A Google search turned up nada and Stacey Spears has heard nothing about this player, though he said he would look for it when he went to CES.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JCW, Robert Whitehead:

I understand everybody's scepticism. I am very sceptical myself. I doubt it is vaporware, though. Why Philips would otherwise go to the lenghts of preparing nice-looking brochures, with relatively detailed description of the models (with pictures!), then posting it on its website, if it is only vaporware? I do not have any Philips insider info, just what I saw on its website. I would wait for CES...

As to availability, I would suspect 3rd or 4th quarter 2003. I would also suspect something with DVI-out coming from Sony (they already have satellite box with DVI-out.) Philips should not far behind.

P.S. Try Google for "34pw9819", it worked for me this morning (34pw9819 is vaporware PixelPlus direct-view with DVI input)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I remember a few years ago Philips was going to release here in Europe player with VGA output, long before Asian models! I still have printed brochure advertising this model. But it was never released probably because of copy protection issues :-(

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.