AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is really to bad that we can't talk price here anymore. I understand that dealers shouldn't come in and starting posting 'ads'. I don't understand how helping someone find a good deal is wrong.

I guess I don't see what is wrong with having a thread dedicated to finding a good deal on XYZ equipment. I know the Panasonic Availability thread has caused quite an uproar for some. But that is just that thread. The other threads on how the tweak it and in home observations are pretty much free of this talk. I can understand not wanting to see this talk in every thread, but I think an 'availability' thread for each model is a good idea.

Part of the enjoyment (or frustration) of home theater is purchasing the equipment. Getting a good deal is always great! When I bought my Panasonic PT-50LC13 I was thankful for the help I received. In the end I still paid more than many did, but I don't mind because I did the best I could do and I enjoy my TV.

I guess for me the issue is closed because I've already bought my equipment for now. But I hate to see future buyers miss out on good deals.

Finally, many members kept complaining about these type of posts saying how we were breaking the rules. Well, this is the first time I have ever seen any mention of this specific rule as it is not in the main forum rules that is at the top of every page.

I know this isn't a democracy here and I have to abide by the rules if I want to play so I will play by the rules, but I don't have to like it.

Now, back to looking for good tweaking information...

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
Sorry, but you nor I have no way to know of a person making the post is in anyway compensated for making such a post. (Directly or indirectly.) We are here to talk about HT....not price shop. We are not in the "good deal" business (except for the powerbuys that we arrange for the members of the site.) We are here to help with gear.

From The Rules....

"Special Note to dealers, re-sellers, or any person or company that deals in equipment or products for sale. You are not allowed to post items for sale in this forum. This also hold true for manufactures not being able to promote their products inside the AVS Forum. AV Science is the only dealer/re-seller allowed to post items for sale inside the forum or promote manufacture items. If you need promotion services, this forum offers banner advertising."

We consider price posting promoting for that dealer. You intent may have been to help someone out, thats great, but others use it as a tool under the same helpful primeness.

Hope that helps.

Thread now closed for if we wanted discussion about our choice, we would have not closed the thread with the rule. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.