AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
are these all going to be more overpriced catalog titles like "Man on Fire"?

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Hello Friends. This is only an announcement by LATE FOX. I hope that they stick on their schedules and don't test their customer's patience.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/12888670

I'll take Mrs. Doubtfire on Blu-ray. Guilty pleasure for sure.

I tried hard to get behind that film, but despite my respect for Robin Williams' performance, I simply ultimately don't enjoy it.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk /forum/post/12888607

are these all going to be more overpriced catalog titles like "Man on Fire"?

Its Fox, isn't it? There's your answer.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hmm, running these release dates through the FoxBS Converter(tm)...

*chunka*

*chunka*

*beep*

"Actual Street Date = June 17, 2011."

*beep*

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman390 /forum/post/12887317

I don't know if there is another thread about this yet but this just popped up on HighDefDigest about an hour ago...

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...r_Blu-ray/1385

The highlight for me is Patton.

I agree! Patton could be a major deal for me if they do it up right

must have avc video true dolby audio on 50 gig disc that could really rock

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
The Longest Day and Patton are a must for me. I've never seen The Sand Pebbles, but it sounds interesting. I hope Fox treats these releases right.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I haven't seen Patton yet. I'm young, just watched Blade Runner and 2001 for the first time last year. 2001 is probably my favorite film now, overtaking T5E. I'll pick that one up for sure.

Fox has an awesome catalogue. Does anyone know If they're remastering the real Quadrilogy for BD?

Patton and Doubtfire aren't really moneymakers. And if there's one thing Fox does it's raking in the dough. I'm not putting down these films, but they have better stuff to press.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/12892137

I haven't seen Patton yet. I'm young, just watched Blade Runner and 2001 for the first time last year. 2001 is probably my favorite film now, overtaking T5E. I'll pick that one up for sure.

Fox has an awesome catalogue. Does anyone know If they're remastering the real Quadrilogy for BD?

Patton and Doubtfire aren't really moneymakers. And if there's one thing Fox does it's raking in the dough. I'm not putting down these films, but they have better stuff to press.

If 5th Element was your favorite movie until recently (and sci-fi in general), you're not likely to enjoy Patton, however it's a classic George C. Scott performance, probably the best I've seen of his movies... and Patton was a pretty crazy character in real life as well.

I can't WAIT for Patton!!! but I'll have to wait until the prices drop down, Fox's prices are just too much for catalog stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts