Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends and inspirations,

You may recall my new stage awhile back. It has came out great with one problem. My original soffit design does not match and I would like to dublicate the stages radius into the top new soffit.

I have tested using a board with a level and I can come out the same distance without interfering with the projectors light. I am removing the 84 " fullscreen with a 92" widescreen. The new screen will be a permwall so I with your help designing the masking system into the overall design.

The 2002 version pic shows how irregular the ceilings slope is. The 2005 version shows the tape where the screen width is and the angled tape shows I have about 5" to incorporate a wall maybe.

I am stumped and really don't want to wing design as I build so friends, any suggestions?

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,218 Posts
Not sure if this helps but have you thought about bringing the screen forward? so that the speakers end up being nearly flush with the front of the screen? Maybe you don't have the room length to handle it?

It might just give you more options for the design of the front end.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. It will be around 10 inches and my second row may suffer due the added distance of 2x screen width (OPTOMA H31). I am currently 1.8 now so it may not be a problem.

Your idea opens the flood gates but lets see what can happen with the screen where it is.

·
RETIRED theater builder
34,218 Posts
Seems like you haven't had much response.

Couple of ideas You may want to think about a larger screen. A lot of us are sitting at 1.5x width not 1.8-2.0 (of course you might want to upgrade projector I have the 79)

Second concept is to divide and conquer. Think of narrowing the front of the room by dividing it up. Here are some pictures of my solution

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=563366

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
 http://www.geocities.com/htheatergee...esign_2005.jpg

Responses in my threads are always low and I don't know why. I like your design.

The angle is about 40 degrees. They start at the end of the 8 foot opening. I cannot get a bigger screen because of the ceiling height and the masking. I am also not able to upgrade to a 79 until my new business allows it.

I have the speakers aimed at the exact middle of the back room and having them further apart has improved the sound.

The right side is 37 1/2 inches to the wall and left side is 30 1/8 inches. the screen is still in the box and the h31 is also.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just confirmed the throw for the h31. I can move up the screen, so this will provide enough to allow the center speaker be behind some GOM. This will also put the first row right under the hushbox and allow the back row full ceiling height to get to their seats. At 15 feet back, I still have 5 ft for the rocker elite chairs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to follow the angle of the speakers. The first attempt at the angles caused me alot of time trying to figure how to trim out and the sound was bad because I forgot about the decoupled sand platforms the speakers were now off of.

Now I need to decide how the velvet will be attached and should I bring out where the little studs are to make an end point for the material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.