AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I need to buy before the end of this year... should I just buy the PDS 5004 or try to wait for the P50XHA10?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I seem to recall a release date early next year so if you need to buy before the end of this year it looks like you're stuck with this year's model.

Of course this does not address other important issues such as DVI/HDCP, supposedly better AVM etc. which is a whole 'nother dicsussion but, if you really do need to buy this year, then what can you do?

·
Registered
592 Posts
A sales person at Harvey's in Manhattan told me that they will have the P50XHA10 on display tomorrow. I'd love it if someone here could take a look and report. I can't get there until early Janauary. I'm wondering about support for native rate.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
How many threads can you post this in CKarras?

·
Registered
592 Posts
As many different ones as relate to this new unit, rogo. (I guess that different people are following different threads). I thought about starting a new thread, but I did a search and found quite a few already, although I had not noticed them before. This seemed least disruptive and most likely to get a first eye report.....

Have another idea?

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Fujitsu started shipping them this week. Plenty should be available by years end. Higher CR and brighter than the last model.

Fujitsu told us they could ship us no more of the old model and all our orders were converted to the new models. Called all our customers who have been waiting for several months because of the dock strike. Told them they would get the new model at the old price by years end. Next day, a Fujitsu truck arrives with 2 of the plasmas Fujitsu said they couldn't ship us. Fortunately (how can you sell the old model when a new superior one is coming for the same price), they had broken off the pallet and were lying on their faces in the truck. We refused the shipment.

·
Registered
592 Posts
And I understand that Fujitsu will not honor warranties for plasma displays sold at low prices, over the Internet by unauthorized dealers or the like. When I asked at Harvey's why they did not stock the Panasonics, the sales person said in effect that they could be bought elsewhere for much lower prices. Harvey's seems to need a pretty heft margin. Hard to believe that the Fujitsu is worth almost twice what the Pioneer 50" goes for.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.