Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

esp. cineramx and trainerdave. let's have the bottom line. what's the story with the new panels? avm, avm 1.1, avm2? which is it and when? native rate thru dvi or not?

you left us all hanging here.

thanks

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
AVM2 is not out, wont be for two years, that will be the processor required to manipulate native rate 1080p plasmas. It's in development.

For sure there is AVM PLus in the new fujitsu panels. What it means, well if it is as dramatic as the difference between avm as implemented in the 5002 as compared to the 5004, then I am really looking forward to it.

The entire front end has been redesigned (menus). The pulse control section, Brightness Dynamics/Longevity has been refined further.

Native rate? Dont know, but I am sure that 1080 DVI will be phenomenal, as it would release number crunching requirements from the processor to do it's fancy gamma correction stuff instead.

·
Registered
33,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
Native rate? Dont know, but I am sure that 1080 DVI will be phenomenal, as it would release number crunching requirements from the processor to do it's fancy gamma correction stuff instead.
I still don't know what happened to that DVI skeptic of a just a few months ago. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.