AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3.0 release thread is quite long so I was hoping to have a thread especially about the new EPG (electronic programming guide). It is dependent on stations providing programming information in their digital signal which they are supposed to do. There are a few notable shortcomings but I think the feature shows some promise.

For instance if you quit the program all the information it had gathered disappears as though it is expected that the next time you run the program you plan to be in a new city. Unless I am doing something wrong they seem to needlessly discard all that pertinent information. I hope they fix that in a future release.

Another issue is there does not seem to be any convenient way to check which programs have been scheduled to be recorded. It will compain if you attempt to schedule a program more than once. Again a rather obvious feature to implement.

A design issue is that program information is only available by tuning in a particular station long enough to gather it. A button that automatically will scan through while the station you are watching is in commercials and returns and stays at the station you were watching would be nice. It also seems like they could use your favorite channel line up as a form for organizing information that has been gathered rather than presenting the stations in arbitrary order.

The program could be charitably be described as having some rough edges but it is nice that they continue to try to improve it. Using station information as they do with the newest version has the added virtue that if a station's schedule is altered for some reason there is a chance that a scheduled recording could still be successful as long as they don't do something foolish like store a scheduled recording as a time slot rather than a higher level event. If they provided a good API, I imagine programmers might be willing to produce something that is much more capable and useful than what has been provided so far.

I have used the feature with some success. Are others using it?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that's the feature that doesn't display properly at 720x480, just as their recording scheduler used to have the issue. Another example of Fusion making the same mistakes over and over and mover.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My biggest complaint is that there is no way to change a schedule recording from once to daily/weekly recurrent recording if I use the TitanTV epg. For e.g., if I go to TitanTV epg, click the red circle button of NBC Nightly News, this particular program will be recorded accordingly. However, if I go to the EPG window of FusionHDTV, there is no way for me to change the recording from once to daily or weekly. Instead, I have to click on everyday, or do a manual schedule recording by enter the program name, the time, the channel and duration by myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.