AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is in the wrong forum, but the screen forum is just full of d****** screen topics and some of you may be like me. I don't go to the other forums very often.

GatorFoam has a new product. I have a sample of this super white and it makes my Behr Ultra White DIY screen look off white. It is also a little more reflective but still a matte finish. I have a good source and can get it at cost +10%. For 3/8" it is about $40 US.

Has anyone seen/tried this? From the looks of the sample it is great, but it is only 8"x8". I am willing to eat the money if it doesn't work out but I would like to know if anyone has some insite on this.

Dan

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dan- is this a paint, or a material?

- David

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is foam core board. I have seen people on avs talk about GatorFoam before for screens, but you had to paint it before because it is normally a yellow cream colored.

I was doing work at a local plastics distibutor and saw the press release they had about this and it caught my eye. I asked if I could see a sample and he gave me one and compared it to the normal GatorFoam white. The new Super White is Very white.

I think I will go ahead and get a sheet of it when it comes in stock. I will report back on the results. If you would like more info you can check out there site at www.gatorfoam.com

Dan

·
Registered
384 Posts
Dan -

Please update us on this when you get it in the house and have used it. I'm using a Parkland screen that is just tacked to the wall, and the undulations in the screen after it's been up for a couple of months are crazy. I'm looking for something cheap and rigid. [Insert joke here]

- Pat

·
Registered
384 Posts
So Dan -

Any results yet? I'm still thinking that I need something to replace the Parkland screen, and I wouldn't mind a little more gain plus rigidity. Thanks - pat

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I don't have a PJ yet, but Uniwood plywood company is one of MY customers. I'm in industrial sales. I'll see what kind of dollars I can buy this stuff for. Looking forward to hearing about the results.

Clay

PS. I may be able to get samples

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I decided after many suggestions to go the goo route. I have a behr painted sheetrock screen now so everything but the goo is there to do. I haven't had much time lately to do anything so the HT has been dorment for a while now. I do have a sample and it is very white, even whiter than the behr ultra white paint. I just think that I should go with a known performer. That is why it will be the goo when I get the time to do it.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.