AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have INFINTY BETA50S for my main L\\R speakers in my5.1 system. I have a YAMAHAXV-2500 reciver, my center is a INFINTY C250 is that too small of a center? are those BETA 50S overpowering the center? i could get the 360 but i would have to make room and it would be a pain in the butt.I would like to keep my C250 BUT would it sound better with the 360?Thank you

·
Registered
62 Posts
the 360s will match up better but it doesnt seem like they are required. concidering that the r50's have 8"s in them you are not going to match the driver side with either center channel. if you are scared about playing it to loud then u may want to concider upgrading. if you want the center to be a little more "full" because the drivers are 6.5 and not 5 then get the bigger. if you are happy with the way it sounds then keep what you got!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Your 250 has the same size midrange as your floor standing speakers. That is a good thing. The key is if the have the same tweeter. What you gain with the bigger one is a midrange in addition to the 2 woofers. I don't think the fronts would be overpowering the smaller center. But I can tell you that when I went from a speaker that had no midrange to a center speaker that had a midrange, it was a big upgrade. OK. I be quick. I had a deftech center that I wanted to upgrade. I went with JM Labs. My def tech did not have a midrange. The lower model JM Labs did not have a midrange. The higher model JM did. I got that one and it was much better then either of them. So, If it is a pain but it can be done, I say get the bigger one. But again if it sounds good to you then keep what you got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.