AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My first post and already I'm asking for some help. We are in the process of finishing off a portion of the basement for a family room/entertainment area. Nothing fancy, just a place to escape to. I've been web surfing and store looking for a new HDTV for the new room and not sure which way to go. Started with an LCD in mind, Samsung LN46A550 but now I'm looking into Plasma, Panasonic TH46PZ80U. Any ideas on these or something more suited is appreciated.

Viewing distance: up to 10' Max

Game Playing: No

Videos: Yes

Access Internet: No

Computer Interface: No

Family Pictures: Maybe

General TV Viewing: Yes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Budget tops around $1,400. Started looking at the 40" said "maybe 46" now thinking 50". The more I look the more confusing it seems to become.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it matter /forum/post/15538490

Budget tops around $1,400. Started looking at the 40" said "maybe 46" now thinking 50". The more I look the more confusing it seems to become.

.. previous post (edit) should fit your requirement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Newegg had the panny pz80 for 1/2 a benjamin less than your budget amount. Free shipping, no sales tax (here in Az) last week they were offering it with a 4 year extended warranty, and 1 year no interest, or payments on their credit card. BTW, I bought one from them 2 plus months ago and I think it's a great set for the money. Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go with the panasonic 50" 1080P but wait until your done with your space and ready to deploy. Next years models come out in late spring/summer. Couple that with this economy and the prices are either holding steady or heading slightly south.

Trust me, if your just getting in the HD game, you'll be thrilled with the panasonic panel. Don't fret the inky blacks and everything else you read here. If you were that neurotic, you'd know it. Don't let all the info bog you down. Your budget fits a 46 or 50 inch panasonic well. If your a costco guy grab it there. They'll take it back 30 days no questions asked and give you price assurance for 30 days as well. Just bought my inlaws one prior to Christmas and got my $200 credit on Saturday without any hassles and they love the thing.

Good Luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. Don't have a Costco, live in central NY. BB has the Panny for around $1,400 but since I don't plan on having the space completed for about 6 more weeks I think I'll take your advice and see where the prices stand then. When that time arrives I'll do the tape on the wall idea just to see if the 50" is the way to go after everything is situated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts