AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop a line to say thanks to the guys that helped me out last night. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1105825

Hooked up my UP5000 to the lan and downloaded 1.4 today. Needless to say, I am grinning ear to ear!

Just a quick history... Started off w/ a Toshiba HD player for approx $250.00(by salesperson recommendation!). One week after buying, I get a letter from BB saying that they were no longer stocking HD players or HD DVDs. Needless to say, I was very upset.
After going to the store and having a nice long conversation with the GM, I snag the 5000 for FREE AND get my money back for the Toshiba AND got to keep it! I couldnt believe it!

Anyways, got a new receiver from Santa and wasnt getting the audio formats appropriately. NOW I AM!

Here is my setup(nothing grand, have to start somewhere!)

Sony KDF-46E2000 Triple LCD Projection 1080i

Sony STR-DG820 Receiver

Samsung BD-UP5000

XBOX 360

Dish HD VIP822-DVR Sat tuner

Polk Audio center

Bose 501.5 FL/FR

Klipsch 12" Sub x 2

Bose single cube SL/SR/SBL/SBR

Going through my miniscule library, here is what I found...

Everything is conected with HDMI. No audio cables, no optical

BD Prince Caspian DTS MA 7.1

BD Dark Knight Dolby THD 5.1

BD 3:10 LPCM 7.1

HD Batman Begins Dolby THD 5.1

HD Flags of Our Fathers DD+ 5.1

HD 40 Year Old Virgin DD+ 5.1

HD Transformers DD+ 5.1

Again, thanks for all the help

Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
thats good for you i started out witha toshiba h-30. i had it for about 7 months then the bomb hit about hd-dvd which i still think to this day is a much better hidef experience. i at that point went out and bought a bd up-5000 and have had it replaced once cause i had a problem where it would not play hd-dvd. got it back then updated to ver 1.4 and have a problem with hidef movies where the player freezes on me and have to turn it off then back on and it plays fine after that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a denon 3801 which is about 7 years old and man having sound through analog out is so much better than with the digital optical wire. i would not trade my reciver for another cause i have not heard one that sounds awesome enough for me to go spend 1000 dollars ona new reciever

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoman /forum/post/15502959

i have a denon 3801 which is about 7 years old and man having sound through analog out is so much better than with the digital optical wire. i would not trade my reciver for another cause i have not heard one that sounds awesome enough for me to go spend 1000 dollars ona new reciever

back then the amps were made better IMHO. the more time goes on the less I am impressed with the amps in receivers. In any case glad to hear you are in av utopia my1monkey. despite its quirks it is a good looking and sounding piece esp for how you got it. it is glitchy quirky and peculiar and suffers from audio dropouts (albeit less with newer firmware). the idea behind it was genius--i also wish hddvd and blu ray could have lived happily together...so many less issues it seems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts