Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody!

Im looking to upgrade my old RCA32" Tube and start building a new home theater. First will of course be the TV. listed Below are all the facts I could think of to help you guys help us. I have Small children that use the system as well and burn-in is a concern. I was told LCD is the way to go and plasma was a no-no?? The new Sony has a built -in HDTV tuner what would that do for us? DVI inputs as well as universal inputs sound like they are required...true?

1. We have DTV Sat only...Older RCA Unit.

2. We watch a fair amount of DVDs

3. PS2 As much as possible Everyday.

4. Space is not really a problem. From sitting to wall about 13'

5. I dont know if we could receive HDTV signal through air.

6.$ 5000. To start with

7. What would the $600. Sony HDTV SAT receiver do for us...and for how long.

8.I would like to see a great picture when watching DVDs, will buy a new DVD player. Would like the best pic possible for sat tv at least most of the time. Will settle for Playable on older games and would hope some new games will be great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I recommend browsing the display section of the forum. You will find all the answers and more. You might want to repost your question there.

My only comment on your questions is that I would avoid a built it HDTV tuner like the plague. STB are going to continue to come down and with the HDTV TIVO comming out soon you won't need a tuner in the TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.