AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a rookie on CRT PJ with a Mit LVP-2001. No service or support is available in Hong Kong and my japanese is very limited so I am trying to get some help from you guys.

Settig:

4:3 80 inches Kikuchi SilkyMatte P160

9 feet viewing distance

about 8 feet projection distance

Issues:

1. scanline visble at 480p 4:3 from DVD (I think it's normal)

2. 480p 16:9 (anamorphic) from DVD, 1080i from D-VHS and 720p from PC all look soft

3. image looks bluer on left (closer to blue tube) and reder on right

4. 1080i has a faint vertical line on the very left and 480p has one on the right side

5. faint dark dots/lines on many areas of the screen (I think I need to replace it)

Thanks

Crusher

·
Registered
449 Posts
hi, i can answer you the third question?

the major problem is your screen ,you should use poor screen!

if you change it to stewart or kikuchi,i think the picture will be better!

thanks

moome

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moome,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the article about colour shift in Kikuchi's website and now understand the problem. A test was done with a small piece of Malibu. The blue side is less blue but the red side is still red. I will try to re-align the tubes again and see what happen.

Thanks again.

Crusher

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Crusher,

Color shift (Red tube side red, Blue tube side blue) is very common in a CRT projector setup. There is no absolute solution because due to the physical lens alignment but there're few way to min the effect:

- use a low gain screen, IMO at most 1.5 gain and lower

- de-focus Blue to compensate

- on a EM focus model, use zone focus control to compensate

- well, my personal invention: paint the side-wall at Red tube side blue and Blue tube side red!

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
449 Posts
hi, Li On

so you are not using screen? just use the painted wall?

i am now using Dalite 80"x60" pulled screen,and it is not flat on two side,

so the picture is not acceptable.would you think it is a good idea to purchase kikuchi or daper fixed screen?

or i can use the wall and paint it?

thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Li On. I feel better to know I am not the only one. Interestingly some people never suffer from this problem.

So, what should I buy? Malibu? Studiotek 130? or just cheap white matte?

Crusher

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:
4. 1080i has a faint vertical line on the very left and 480p has one on the right side

5. faint dark dots/lines on many areas of the screen (I think I need to replace it)
I know that when I had a VS-1281E, that if I overdid the convergence etc, I got weird lines etc on the screen. Might not all be the screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.