AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to either send my replay back to Panasonic within the next three days and pay $150.00 or have someone tell me how I can get a new hard drive and replace it for less. I really can't afford the 150.00 right now, but my warranty expires in three days and then it will cost even more. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks, Shirley

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wouldn't advise sending it to Panasonic Repair center in Elgin. They will very likely take 3 months to send it back (are you listening Panasonic?)... and if you have my luck, it won't be fixed until the 2nd time you send it in.

If you are pretty sure that it is your hard drive, and are short of cash, I would recommend doing the upgrade fix yourself using software available on this forum. You can get an 80Gb drive for about $120 (will give you 80 hours recording time (instead of 30). If you are REALLY short of cash, you can get a 40Gb for less than $100.

One problem is, if your hard drive is definitely trashed you may not be able to copy the system area of the drive to clone it. If that is true you will need to get the partition 1 image from someone on the forum. Post that you need it and someone can send you a CD.

Actually .. email me. I should be able to send it to you. BTW - I wouldn't charge you. After all the work people have spent on the Hack, I could certainly afford a 15c CD and a couple of stamps.... Let me know. Happy to help anyone on the forum.

Good luck

Greg

·
Registered
518 Posts
What part of California are you in? I have a 30GB Quantum hard drive that I took out of my ShowStopper a few weeks ago (replaced it with 100GB Maxtor).

If you're interested in it, I'd be willing to sell it for $60, which seems to be the going price for a 30GB drive on eBay. It even has a bunch of shows still on the drive...

I hope this post doesn't break any forum rules, just trying to help out another forum user...

-Mike

San Diego

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.