AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, please forgive any noobness here, this is my first harmony remote.

I just got a 670 and so far so good, but I don't want it to automatically control the power (sleep) of my HTPC. Sometimes when I switch to tv or something else I would like the htpc to remain on. I don't want it to get out of sync either and try to turn the htpc on and then actually turn it off because it was already on when I wanted to use it.

What's the easiest way to do this? I would just like to manually have to press the power button for the htpc, but everything else can work as intended by logitech.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my Panasonic TV and Bell satellite receiver set to be turned on and off manually in my setup. Go into your device settings and "Adjust power settings". From there choose "There are no power buttons on my current remote for my htpc". This will allow for manual on and off of this device.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes. I can't tell you where exactly, but you have to edit the activity settings and tell it which devices should be ON or OFF all the time. Just make sure that the HTPC is ON. I use a Harmony ONE with an HTPC, PS3, Uverse DVR and a WII all through a Denon 3808ci and my HTPC is always on.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my HTPC isn't always on, but sometimes I turn it on before I watch anything or keep it on after I am done watching something in order to transfer files, etc. to my server.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
You tell the Harmony that your HTPC is always on so that it doesn't power it on or off during activities and shutdown. It doesn't mean you have to physically have the HTPC on (or off). In the setup go to Devices and adjust the HTPC settings to Always On. Now when you switch activities or shutdown your PC remains in the state that you put it in. If your HTPC is able to power on or off with a remote then just put a power button key in your HTPC activity.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagojago /forum/post/16945193

Well I would still like to be able to control the power with the remote, just not have it do it automatically. Is that possible?

If you make the change to the device setting like I mentioned it will do what you are wanting. By telling it that there are no power buttons on the remote, the activities will ignore turning the power on or off. You will still have power on/off control by using the device menu instead. This can be done for any device that you don't want the power control automated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts