Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed that Hauppauge put up a new WinTV2K for WinTV-HD

on their FTP site as well as some other new files(dated 11/02/01). I have no idea what they are for but I installed the wintv2k331_19206.exe for the hell of it. It may be my imagination but my reception seems to be improved. Too bad the recorder still crashes WinXP though.

Stewart

ftp://ftp.hauppauge.com/hcws/Support/ [/url]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I installed the WinTV2000 from the XP directory and I've been using it for a couple of days now with no problems. It's a slightly newer version, 3.35.19295. I don't know what's changed from the previous version.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is a response from the tech support at Hauppauge regarding WinTV-HD. I just got this email yesterday.

"Tehre are a few updates almost ready to release. Version 2.0 of the software for the HD will be available within the next few weeks."

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Slade,

If you use the WinTV program with the drivers dated 11/14, the you will find a new deinterlace option in WinTV.

It uses John Adcock and Co.'s deinterlacing filter from the Dscaler project.

·
Registered
169 Posts
1) Where are the 11/14 drivers? (or do we just have to wait a couple weeks for a Hauppage Driver Release?)

2) How well does the deinterlacer work? I'm really interested in this one since I can't use DScaler!

Thanks for the info!

-n

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Slade said he was using the drivers from the XP folders. This meant he did not have a Wintv-D or HD, but a standard WinTV.

That's why I addressed it to him even though it was OT.

Sorry to get you guys wound up . . .

·
Registered
73 Posts
1) Where are the 11/14 drivers? (or do we just have to wait a couple weeks for a Hauppage Driver Release?)

The driver is in the XP-folder.

2) How well does the deinterlacer work? I'm really interested in this one since I can't use DScaler!

It works fairly good, but not as good as DScaler. There is hope though. The deinterlace filter used by this driver is from the DScaler project. But it is filter version 1.1.0. In the meantime there's a new version of the filter (1.2.0). This filter offers the possibility to use DScaler-plugins like GreedyH. But alas, this version of the filter is not backwards compatible with version 1.1.0, so you can't use it with the WDM-driver. But maybe Hauppauge or John Adcock are willing to do something about this. This would make it possible to achieve DScaler's deinterlacing capabilities with the WDM-driver!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by e vey
Slade said he was using the drivers from the XP folders. This meant he did not have a Wintv-D or HD, but a standard WinTV.

That's why I addressed it to him even though it was OT.

Sorry to get you guys wound up . . .
No, I have a WinTV-D. I tried the WDM drivers in the XP directory and they sort of work with WinTV-D. I can view and record the analog channels with PowerVCR and WinVCR. A big problem is that I can't see any of the HDTV channels when I use the WDM drivers. I asked Hauppauge's tech support about WDM drivers for WinTV-D and here is their response:

Quote:
There will be no WDM driver support for this card. As far as I know they are just not compatible with the D-TV part of the card.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.