AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update 8.28.05

New HD on the way:

Fall / Winter 2005

MLB Extra Innings in HDTV, on DirecTV, Dish Network, various cable

Late Show with David Letterman on CBS

Good Morning America on ABC

Big Ten Football on ESPN

Notre Dame Football on NBC

ESPN2 HD on DirecTV

Top 12 TV markets local HD on DirecTV

Voom 11 on Dish Network

NBA HDTV over 48 games

Saturday Night Live on NBC

NHL on CBC

NHL on Outdoor Life Network / INHD

NHL on NBC

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC

NHL on HDNet

FOX HD

National Geographic HD

HGTV HD

Food Network HD

Winter Olympics on NBC, all HD, simulcast with analog network

World Cup Soccer on ABC, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD

MHD - MTV in HDTV

From the AVS HDTV Programming Synopsis .

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H
Fall / Winter 2005

Late Show with David Letterman on CBS

Good Morning America on ABC
Big Ten Football on ESPN

Notre Dame Football on NBC

ESPN2 HD on DirecTV

Top 12 TV markets local HD on DirecTV

Voom 11 on Dish Network

NBA HDTV over 48 games

Saturday Night Live on NBC

NHL on CBC

NHL on Outdoor Life Network / INHD

NHL on NBC

FOX HD

National Geographic HD

HGTV HD

Food TV HD

Winter Olympics 2006 on NBC (All HD, simulcast with analog network)

From the AVS HDTV Programming Synopsis .

That's great. (except now that my Iowa Hawkeyes are on the national radar now, they're looking at more ABC games/times now - but since the 10/8 [email protected] game is already set for 4:30 EST on ESPN, maybe that will be an HD game!?)

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Ken H -- life gets better every year!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Whoa, NHL to INHD.

Guess I might have to bid D* farewell after all. That takes a big slice out of my interest in HDNet. :(

Thanks for the info Ken.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Big Ten Football in HD is great news! You can all thank me since I have been calling and writing the Big Ten incessantly over the past 2+ years. Thanks Teri. :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Another thing I heard is that NBC is planning on doing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in HD this year. I can't wait for that one. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
HDNet WILL have hockey in HD for this upcoming season, according to Mark Cuban's post awile back (which I can't locate at the moment).

·
Registered
28,321 Posts
The problem now is no longer no HD content available, as evident by all these new HD channels with more coming all the time. The problem now is getting the existing providers to carry all the HD that's available. I have TWC and they seem to have no interest in adding the major HD networks that are available now, such as UHD, Cinemax-HD, Starz-HD, etc. And I used to have DISH, whose track record at adding new available HD channels is miserable. Maybe E* has bandwidth issues (they seem to have room for hundreds of international channels and every single SD channel available), but TWC doesn't even have that excuse.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Have you seen their pice for those SD international channels? I'd put them on first too if I ran Dish. But still, I wonder if the NHL has been swiped from HDNet by INHD. That is what happened with MLB.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, it's pretty backwards the way this ends up working out. The lesser non-SEC games relegated to ESPN are far more likely to be HD than the regional ABC games. The price one pays for greatness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVwannabe
That's great. (except now that my Iowa Hawkeyes are on the national radar now, they're looking at more ABC games/times now - but since the 10/8 [email protected] game is already set for 4:30 EST on ESPN, maybe that will be an HD game!?)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg28
HDNet WILL have hockey in HD for this upcoming season, according to Mark Cuban's post awile back (which I can't locate at the moment).
Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that Cuban's comment came BEFORE Comcast bought the rights to broadcast the NHL. I don't anticipate Comcast sharing with HDNet. I'd like to be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkunces
If only us Americans could recieve CBC for NHL coverage :(
Do cable systems in any of the border cities (Detroit, Buffalo) cary CBC? Or are there rules that don't allow CBC in the US?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs
Can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure that Cuban's comment came BEFORE Comcast bought the rights to broadcast the NHL. I don't anticipate Comcast sharing with HDNet. I'd like to be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time. :)
Just after they settled the strike there was an ad on HDNet for NHL. And you are right about Cuban too. What makes you think Comcast's deal is exclusive?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs

Damn, I suspect you are right. That really complicates things as I was all set to jump on the D* HD-Tivo deal with two year commit. At least there is more HD on the way, but if I stay with D*, I may not get to see non-local HD NHL!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson71
Do cable systems in any of the border cities (Detroit, Buffalo) cary CBC? Or are there rules that don't allow CBC in the US?
I'm in suburb of Detroit and get CBC via cable and OTA. Nothing digital though.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.