AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is TJ and I am brand new here. I have been surfing these forums and gathering info lately and was hoping for some opinions. I had been using an old proxima dp 6860 for about two and a half years, it had a red shadow just to the side of some of the darker colors but it was bright as heck and we could watch tv, dvds, or play xbox with the living room blinds wide open with it. Well, the lamp finally died last January and I was unable to find an online store I could trust to take hudreds of my dollars and provide me with a quality lamp, so we went back to a standard 27 inch TV. This year, I have been trying to save a little money and am seriously considering buying one of those HD180s. I can tell that going from the dp6860, I am going to be wowed by color depth and quality, but I am also concerned about the drop in lumens I will experience. It's something I am prepared to deal with since the HD180 has so many other great features but I was hoping to get some of your opinions on the issue. I was also looking at the Optoma EH1020 but some review I read somewhere said that it lacked the proper speed to wach video clips. My savings wont allow for much more than $1000.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts