AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new Widescreen Review today (100th issue commemorative edition) and on the inside centerfold is an ad for the new DVDO with 4 HDMI inputs.

I go to DVDO's website, no info yet.

I quickly open the forums and come to the processors section and there is no discussion...

What's the skinny?

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acx_todd
So I got my new Widescreen Review today (100th issue commemorative edition) and on the inside cover is an ad for the new DVDO with 4 HDMI inputs.

I quickly open the forums and come to the processors section and there is no discussion...

What's the skinny?
Widescreen got the scoop! :p

I'm looking forward to getting my issue any day now, especially in light of this news!

Josh has been saying that a press release was very soon around the corner. I guess that's part of it, at least.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Now that the scoop is out maybe DVDO can post some meaty specs?

Josh? Dale?

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
So I got my new Widescreen Review today (100th issue commemorative edition) and on the inside cover is an ad for the new DVDO with 4 HDMI inputs.

What's the skinny?
I just checked my mailbox and my issue of Widescreen is not here yet :-(

Can you post what else it advertises? Realta based, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correction, it wasn't the inside cover. That was a Realta ad.

It was an ad on the 100 issue commemorative "centerfold."

The iScan VP30, powered by ABT.

Not much in the ad... 4 HDMI, 11 separate inputs. Automatic lipsync delay...

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Correction, it wasn't the inside cover. That was a Realta ad.

It was an ad on the 100 issue commemorative "centerfold."

The iScan VP30, powered by ABT.

Not much in the ad... 4 HDMI, 11 separate inputs. Automatic lipsync delay...
Thanks. In any case, the scoop is out so we might be able to get some

information :)

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody
So what's the MSRP and trade-in offer for HD+ owners? :D

TM
Now that is a great start!

Also interested in what improvements have been made and what additional

features have been implemented.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody
So what's the MSRP and trade-in offer for HD+ owners? :D

TM
...and the patient HD owners who didn't get the most recent software updates for the HD+. Especially the ones who bought the HD right when it first came out and was actually quoted, for a very short time, on the DVDO website. :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
OK, at last someone is listening and that someone, unsurprisingly, is the consumer-oriented, able-to-ship things, DVDO.

Hallelujah!

4 HDMI + other inputs + lipsync correction = nearly happy Rogo. No matrixing, but I've pretty much given up for now and will wait for DirecTV's HMC and maybe Xbox 360s to distribute HD video... In the meantime, this sounds like the one to watch.

Now, they gotta actually ship it. And price it within shouting distance of the iScan HD+.

And let me in the late beta. Please.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
4 HDMI inputs?!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

:)

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Slightly OT: How good is the Widescreen Review Magazine? Living here in Germany I'm wondering whether it'd make sense to buy a subscription. How do you rate the magazine? Is it a must have? Is it worth it for me to subscribe? Thanks!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The DVDO folk clearly are playing a bit coy, as no one has chimed in here yet...

We're waiting...

Hint hint....

:)

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
HOT!

Need more info! :D

Paging Josh! :)

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Ads in magzines need to be placed several months in advance of publication. WSR has no scoop! My assumed reason for so little information being disclosed in the ad is that either DVDO didn't want to disclose much to its competitors prior to showing at CES or more likely DVDO didn't have or know the details at the time the ad was submitted. Firmware still being written and then being tested and debugged. Licensing issues. Whatever.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Slightly OT: How good is the Widescreen Review Magazine? Living here in Germany I'm wondering whether it'd make sense to buy a subscription. How do you rate the magazine? Is it a must have? Is it worth it for me to subscribe? Thanks!
I am a long time subscriber to WSR (six years or so).

I have subsribed to many other Home Theater mags as well, but the only one that I have NEVER failed to renew is WSR.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
I am a long time subscriber to WSR (six years or so).

I have subsribed to many other Home Theater mags as well, but the only one that I have NEVER failed to renew is WSR.
Yup. I'll second that endorsement!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.