Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HiDefGuy
anyone heard anything about this card? Would be a good combo with the JVC, n'est pas?
Alan has been using the card for several weeks and is currently waiting for his D-VHS to arrive.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Has he summarized his experience anywhere?

Does this new card have any advantage over the HiPix or AccessDTV? Is it using the same chip, or is it one of the newer chips with improved ATSC reception?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson

Alan has been using the card for several weeks and is currently waiting for his D-VHS to arrive.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Does this card have the 1080i problem that the HIPIX team fixed? If the HIPIX team comes out with a D-VHS interface, what other advantage does this card posses besides the overlay window.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Cliff:

Does this card support the Panasonic HD-1000 dvhs recorder, and if yes, is there anything special that must be done?

Steve

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve
Cliff:

Does this card support the Panasonic HD-1000 dvhs recorder, and if yes, is there anything special that must be done?

Steve
Steve,

I really don't know. I just received the drivers that supports recording to D-VHS tape and I don't have a D-VHS recorder yet. There has been some discussion of using this card to record to D-VHS in the HTPC forum.

·
Registered
336 Posts
J guess this MDP-100 will be perfect solution for Mits D-VHS deck owner.

I am sure they will recognize each other instantly.

Real time recording and playback is really wonderful feature.

This functionality is very very robust.

It can play D-VHS without any block noise for more than 4 hours!!!!

I am using Panasonic NV-DH1 D-VHS ( Japnese domestic model, very much like Mits. D-VHS , bare-bone D-VHS) without any problem.

I heard it's software will be upgraded to play Japanese BS digital program.

and full support of DVD playback.

In Korea, there are many panny combo for sale in classified.( this commbo price dropped 1550$ recently.) after introduction of upgraded S/W which realtime recording and plyback funcionality becomes possible under Window XP.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi Jaehong,

Quote:

and full support of DVD playback.
Notice me at once when this happen! :) AAC bitstream pass-through is good enough for me as my Sony 9000ES surround processor supports AAC decoding.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaehong Lee
J

Very cool ! Do you have any info on when this new software could be released ? That would certainly make this card a big hit in Japan since there is no HDTV card that can do that at the moment.

Rob

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Jaehong Lee

Will the MyHD card recognize the Panasonic HD1000 dvhs machine, and if so, is there anything special that needs to be done?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Does the card record to HD like the HiPix?"

Yes it does record the transport stream to the HD and now to D-VHS tape.

"If it does, can a HiPix play its recorded files (and vice versa)?"

Yes and yes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cliff, I take it that the card will support recording to the JVC 30K deck via firewire when the card is shipped? Will it require XP to do this? Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Cliff, I take it that the card will support recording to the JVC 30K deck via firewire when the card is shipped? Will it require XP to do this? Thanks.

Chris
Hi Andrew,

Yes it requires WinXP for D-VHS recording.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson

Hi Andrew,

Yes it requires WinXP for D-VHS recording.
Why didn't they do it on Win98SE? Also can it record D-VHS tapes on to hard drive?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have 2 questions about the MYHD card before I order it:

If I hook it as described in figure 2 with the computer monitor being in a different room, will I be able to navigate the menus and have full use of the MYHD capabilities (using it's remote) on the HD display device in the other room?

I read that doing so means that you won't have access to your PC's desktop. So how would this effect using Titantv.com?

Also when I order the VGA breakout cable, would the VGA end of the cable I need male or female?

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.