Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

a German computer case reseller and a friend of me, got an offer for a new HiFi-styled computer case. At the moment only computer drawings are available, but he could get a shipment of 200 pcs now. We now try to see how many people are interested in this case. Please take a look at the webpage and tell us your opinion by signing the guestbook.

http://www.geocities.com/sensismile2000/index.html

Thanks

Stefan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's Power, 2 LED's maybe power and HDD, and a reset button. But it's just a guess ... will try to get Informations about that.

Stefan

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks really great. Where are the drive bays? What color DVD drive would be needed to match it? I know there is at least one DVD drive available in silver, but ideally the case would come with a retrofit panel for the DVD drive in silver.

I think many of us have gone down the route of Keith's 780B retrofit fascia, so this might be a little late.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
i've also gone the route of the retrofit but i would consider getting one of these if it was a winner.

as for my personal taste, it has to be black in color. the options of silver or gold is don't go well with most people a/v gear.

it definitely looks interesting but one thing to keep in mind is that with its small case design (micro/flex ATX) the expansion capabilities may be limited. also does the case accept full height or half height pci cards? the power supplies in these small cases are notoriously loud and probably don't have great emi specs. it would probably be wise to figure out a way to accomodate a regular power supply.

nonetheless, i say sample one if you can and lets have a look!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The case got slots for 4 Cards. Don't know if full-height pci card's .. will try to get Infos about that.

The biggest MATX power suply is 200 Watt afaik.

Stefan

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
200watt ps probably won't be enough, thats why I suggested redesigning to accomodate a regular atx power supply.

half height cards won't go over well for most people.

how about adding the color black?

three strikes and your out? ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
My quick thoughts:

Looks cool, but needs:

Rack Ears

ATX PS

Easily accessible 3.5" drive bays (4?)

Black

Full size cards

What's the cooling like?

My preference would be for the DVD to be directly accessible from the front without opening the big door.

Aslan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally posted by q2
200watt ps probably won't be enough, thats why I suggested redesigning to accomodate a regular atx power supply.

half height cards won't go over well for most people.

how about adding the color black?

three strikes and your out? ;)
OK Infos have arrived !!!

The case takes a STANDARD ATX Power Supply ... If you like .. use a 500 watt ps ..

The Case takes 4 full size PCI Cards

All colors are possible .. but we have to take 200pcs of one color or the price will go up ...

Now .. am I out ?!?! :)))

Have fun .. I will update the webpage soon

Stefan

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I'm very interested in one....at what price??

Terry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The price will be probably 199$ without ship ... we are looking for a sollution for the shippment to usa ... depends of how many people are interested

Stefan

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As I am in Europe you could stop looking for a shipping option for me :D !!

Obviously I want to see some real pics and would desire it in black but in theory I am in....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sign me up!

I would also need in black. This may be a dumb question but will it support full size motherboards including P4?

Can we get it without any fans or power supply?

Thanks,

Kerry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No full size MB .. but a microATX or FlexATX MB.

The case IS without FAN and PS

Stefan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've included a poll on the webpage to find out what color most people like to have. If possible please visit the side again and choose the color you like.

We've ordered a sampel to give you better pics and a fullk review of the case ...

Stefan

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Hagie scores!

Sounds like its a winner. I eagerly await detailed pictures of the case (inside and out) and your review. Also, I can't tell from the computer drawings but is there prefitted space or window on the front panel for an lcd/led panel? Guess this will be further described in your review.

Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
afaik there is no space ... maybe the frontpanel is thick enough to fit one in .. lets see when the sample arrives ...

Hagie

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hagie-

I just wanted to say that I purchased the "other" htpc case and retrofit and I still DEFINATELY want one of the cases that you found. I hope you can get them in black, and that the number of interested parties is enough to do this. Please keep us posted on the (any) progress. I think you will see 'many' more people jump on board if the actual case is even close to the cgi files.

-PGPfan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Great looking design. But WRONG form factor ! Not being able to plug-in an AGP Video card and only be able to use onboard AGP or PCI Video is a dealbreaker.

I researched that Micro ATX formfactor before and I don't believe an AGP slot is available.

Can you redesign the case for the normal ATX form factor ?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.