AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
So it's the H8F with a Roku OS instead of Android TV on the H8F correct?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hisense 55r8f and Apple tv app

I'm wondering why that app will not suupport Dolby Vision and just displays hdr10. It shows it in the labels, but it won't kick in. All other apps that support it work fine. This in the Roku OS in the tv itself. Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone have some impressions/reviews of this set? Like all Hisenses, seems like a crazy good feature set for the price, but along with that some questions about reliability and issues...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had it for about 10 days now.
Initial impressions
Gets very bright, the screen reflections are a bit much. Well implemented local dimming.
Everything pops in dolby vision.
Sadly no earc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Initial impressions
Gets very bright, the screen reflections are a bit much. Well implemented local dimming.
Sadly no earc.
Thanks for the report. Ended up ordering an H9F (when the price dropped on Amazon for, I assume, the remaining inventory) but if that has any issues, will try one of these.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Initial impressions
Sadly no earc.
Does it have the same motion blur issue that the H8F has with fast moving objects?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm debating between this set and the TCL Series 6. Roku is a must have, I'm having a hard time figuring out if the panel/processing on this set (R8F) is comparable to last years H8F or this years H8G. Any input or info on that? Finding a detailed review of this unit has been challenging...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm debating between this set and the TCL Series 6. Roku is a must have, I'm having a hard time figuring out if the panel/processing on this set (R8F) is comparable to last years H8F or this years H8G. Any input or info on that? Finding a detailed review of this unit has been challenging...
Same here. I'd love to save $250 and get a good enough TV for my PS5 (along with the extra year of warranty from Costco).

If i don't get a response by Tuesday I might just order one and can always return it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here. I'd love to save $250 and get a good enough TV for my PS5 (along with the extra year of warranty from Costco).

If i don't get a response by Tuesday I might just order one and can always return it.
Let me know if you do, I'll be interested in your findings.

·
Registered
200 Posts

For PS5 and Xbox X you probably want a set with 2.1 HDMI as opposed to 2.0.

This past week or so I have been debating what TV to get for the bedroom. In our case we have an LG C9 OLED as the primary set. Bedroom needs are less critical.

I also wanted to purchase from Costco. I like the extra warranty, plus we have a Citi card that gives 2 years of additional warranty. Finally we have $80 coupons and gift cards to help further reduce out of pocket expense.

For us, the R8F and Vizio M7 (just price dropped) were the two primary candidates. I use a Hisense as a computer monitor and have been pleased. However, while we own a Roku and like it, we don't care for that as our primary OS. Decided to go with the M7. It actually has 3 year warranty + 2 years Citi perk so 5 total. Color gamut is stronger but R8F gets brighter. Also based on H8F I expect blacks to be a little better on the R8F. The M7 is quantum LED whereas the R8F is ULED, which likely explains the better color. The M7 does have 2.1 HDMI and eArc.

I struggled with this decision. Both seem about the same overall but with different strengths and weaknesses. I'm not expecting OLED performance but would like to get as close to possible within reason for the dollars spent.

For 65" and < $600 I am not sure there are better options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ended up snagging one last week for $350 and got delivered today. It's going back. Same motion issues as the H8F. Bummer, because the PQ is great and the HDR actually works pretty well. @vandi

If I didn't buy this to play my PS5 on, then I would probably keep it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good afternoon everyone, I'm actually pretty excited for this set. I purchased a Samsung 55ku6300 from Costco in Nov, of 16 and this tv has been a lemon. I have had it serviced 3 times from the warranty service for defective HDMI and WIFI problems. Last week it started acting up, it was going super slow when navigating though the apps and then started to freeze and shut down. I did the usual power cycle, restart, unplug, yada yada and still it kept doing this. I'm out of warranty now but decided what the heck it never hurts to ask so I called Costco and see if they could do anything, the lady referred me back to the warranty division. She told me to tell them the problem and to have them email the store and they would replace the tv. Cool, I called the concierge service and the guy chuckled and said he doesn't know why Costco tells people that there is nothing they can do that I have to call the store. At this point I'm like well I guess I need to buy a new set. I called Costco up again and spoke with a manager, and he mentioned normally they aren't allowed to do this but because of my situation and I'm not a frequent returner he would give me $400.00 of the $549.99 I paid for the TV. The store didn't have any decent 55" TV's for that price and I didn't want to pay anything else so I went on their website and ordered the Hisense 55r8f. Hisense from reviews I have watched and read really just like TCL step their game up. TV should be here on the 13th I will take some pics and post. Anyone do any gaming or have any opinions on their set good or bad?
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does it have the same motion blur issue that the H8F has with fast moving objects?
I haven't seen any motion blur issues. Also, I have turned off all the motion enhancement nonsense in picture settings as soon as I bought the tv.
I use it for gaming on my nvidia shield pro and it has been good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't seen any motion blur issues. Also, I have turned off all the motion enhancement nonsense in picture settings as soon as I bought the tv.
I use it for gaming on my nvidia shield pro and it has been good.
That's good to hear. I am hoping this set fair's better than my Samsung. Also curious to see how the picture looks compared to it as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts