Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen -

I am brand new to this forum (today), with an HLM-617W at my house for only 4 days. How do you access the service menu and is the firmware version listed there ? My build date is Feb 2003.

Anyone seen THIS problem? Using DVI connection, I get a jittering, noisy horizontal white line at the very bottom of my screen, just above the screen trim moulding. It almost looks like I am seeing the final scan /Retrace of the bottom of the scanned video. Two different DVI cables and two different SIR-TS160 STB's still show this problem. Interestingly, if I simply switch to Component 2 or 3 inputs I NEVER see this! Can the vertical position of the video display be moved down a little ? If so, how do you do this ? So far. I have only been able to "move" the display horizontally using the User Menu.

Thanks in Advance for any Knowledgeable help

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think you can move it any direction from the service menu. To get to the menu, turn the set off for at least 15 seconds. Then hit Mute-1-8-2-power. Turn it off to save the settings.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I believe this has been reported as a bug with the SIR-TS160.

Do a search in the forum and see what you turn up. I am 100% certain this has been reported before and was not an issue with the television.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Ftlee reported this TS160 problem. The SIR-TS160 also had SM adjustments. By using them, if I am right, you don't mess up other picture locations. If you use the TV SM then the adjustment will apply to everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.