AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help, I need some expert advice! Just moving in to a new home and having some issues with the 7.1 setup-I know 1st world problems... Anyway my couch is about 13-15' away from the front wall which has fireplace/tile all the way from the ground up to 50" H. My 65" panasonic HDTV (35" H) will be mounted somewhere above that-leaning towards mounting it right above so that we dont have to look up so high to watch TV. We mainly watch TV shows, sports, and movies with some music listening. I have 2 questions that I would appreciate help on:

1. Need a quality small in wall or mounted center channel that plays TV voice audio well, prefer small to hopefully fit it under the TV, budget $100-$500. I have monoprice 6816s http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10837&cs_id=1083703&p_id=6816&seq=1&format=2 for the L, R, and was considering using one of those for the center too, but when I got it in hand it looks way too big for a center under my circumstances... thoughts or recommendations?

2. Do I put the center channel up above the fireplace/TV at 85" (50" + 35" from above), or do I mount the TV higher and put the center channel right above the fireplace at 50"? Seems like we lose either video or audio quality either way , what is the lesser of the 2 evils or are there any other options that would work well?

Thanks for any advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.