AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Buying a new house with a media room. Looking for advice on basic setup.

Attached are pictures of what the model looks like (my house will not have all the wood trim on it.

My difficulty is where to put the surrounds

I was thinking of putting bookshelf / dvd shelf on the back wall and have the couch moved up a bit so the surrounds would be as pictured.

Any other ideas / general advice?

I can't do anything about the general layout of the room at this point... have to work with what is there. Not looking for specific recommendations on types of speakers or components just trying to figure out the layout at this point.

Part of my plan is mounting the Front speakers on the wall in the large alcove area and having an acoustic screen in front of the speakers.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Ralph

·
Registered
50 Posts
good luck, looks like you have a very good starting point for your room.

As far as speaker layout, I'd just search this forum and google in general for the most basic 7.1 and 5.1 layouts. Then make it work for your furniture layout and other personal specific considerations (i.e. wife's opinion and threshold for technology all over the place, young children in the house?).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.