AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to get some thoughts on the home theater setup I will be installing in my theater room 5.2.2 atmos. I'm getting 2 Jbl 1000 array LR speakers, Jbl 880 array center, 2 Sunfire SDS 12 subwoofers, 2 Jbl p520ws rear on-wall cause my couch sits against the back wall, 2 Jbl sp8c11, and Onkyo NR1030 receiver. Also picking up an Epson 5030 projector, I would have gotten an 6030 but there is no difference between the 2 models besides 6030 comes with a mount and extra lamp, they both come with 2 pair of 3D glasses. My room ceiling vaults at 7ft on both sides with a 5 foot flat ceiling in the middle. Room dimensions is 16x14. Screen size is 119".

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I would look at a setup from Reaction Audio. I think a CX-10 front stage with some CX-8 surrounds and some PS18x subs will give you a much more impressive sounding system than what you are looking at, and for less money. The only caveat is it doesn't have as living room friendly of an aesthetic.

The Golden Ear and JBL systems will sound nice, no doubt, but the Subfire subs are pretty weak compared to what you can get from others for the same money. Also the Golden Ear and JBL speakers are full range speakers, which is a huge waste of money in a system using subwoofers- you end up spending a lot of money for bass extension which wouldn't ever be used. Also I would prefer Denon or Marantz receivers over Onkyo, as they didn't throw out Audyssey in order to save money on implementing Atmos. I would also be looking at what you can get from Pioneer and Yamaha over Onkyo as well.

If you want some living room decor friendly speakers that are powerful and perform well, you might look at some Klipsch Palladium P-17b bookshelf speakers. They have a respectable set of measurements, especially the off-axis response.

·
Registered
19,806 Posts
I want to get some thoughts on the home theater setup I will be installing in my theater room 5.2.2 atmos. I'm getting 2 Jbl 1000 array LR speakers, Jbl 880 array center, 2 Sunfire SDS 12 subwoofers, 2 Jbl p520ws rear on-wall cause my couch sits against the back wall, 2 Jbl sp8c11, and Onkyo NR1030 receiver.
That looks good - nice choice - JBL makes some nice stuff.

However, you may want to check into some special ID subwoofers,
like from Reaction Audio or HSU Research.

Your call - enjoy the new adventure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.