AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I'm Building a new home theater. My room dimensions are 181&1/2 inches wide if using a ceiling mounted audio transparent (AT) screen and maximum viewing distance 26' (312"). I plan to use it mainly for viewing movies, both 2 and 3D and probably later light (or heavy) gaming with the kids. This is subject to change as I don't know what the kids will want to use it for. :)
Front left and right speakers will be Bose 802's
Front center will be 2 Bose 101's
Rear and side will be Bose 161's
Sub-woofers will be 6 18" Cerwin-Vega's. I have an amp to drive them. ( I think. My old av receiver worked great, but now only the right channel is playing, but it has been in storage for a while.)
I may ( I really want to) add transducers later. ( budget allowing)
What pull down screens would you recommend?
What projectors would you recommend?
What 7.1 AV receivers would you recommend? ( Dual room output, or pre-amp out would be a plus so that I can pipe music and/or a video signal throughout the house! I am on a budget!)
I only have to purchase the screen, projector, and av receiver. I've had the rest since before I got married and had kids. :)
Thanks.
Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's all about budget..without knowing the price you willing to pay depends on what combination is recommended..There are two major deciding factor at least for me...16x9 screen or 2.35:1...I am glad I went with 2.35.1... Below are my spec and hardware..

Room size dedicated 17' x 25' x 10 with stadium seating..
Imac Mini 2015 version (1TB) with Kodi
Carada custom made 178" or about 13ft width.
Epson 6030UB projector
Prismasonic Anamorphic Lens
Denon 7.1 Reciever...(too lazy to lookup the model)
SVS 900W subwoofer
Tannoy in wall Speakers

Lighting:
Philips Hue integrated with XBMC(Kodi). will turn a little dim during trailers and trivia...will turn off when custom intro is played and movie..pausing will turn lights on just enough to find your way out if oyu need to pee :)

Interface/Control:
Ipad..Mounted outside the door..so anyone can watch what they want without much technical knowledge..

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Greetings,
I'm Building a new home theater. My room dimensions are 181&1/2 inches wide if using a ceiling mounted audio transparent (AT) screen and maximum viewing distance 26' (312"). I plan to use it mainly for viewing movies, both 2 and 3D and probably later light (or heavy) gaming with the kids. This is subject to change as I don't know what the kids will want to use it for. :)
Front left and right speakers will be Bose 802's
Front center will be 2 Bose 101's
Rear and side will be Bose 161's
Sub-woofers will be 6 18" Cerwin-Vega's. I have an amp to drive them. ( I think. My old av receiver worked great, but now only the right channel is playing, but it has been in storage for a while.)
I may ( I really want to) add transducers later. ( budget allowing)
What pull down screens would you recommend?
What projectors would you recommend?
What 7.1 AV receivers would you recommend? ( Dual room output, or pre-amp out would be a plus so that I can pipe music and/or a video signal throughout the house! I am on a budget!)
I only have to purchase the screen, projector, and av receiver. I've had the rest since before I got married and had kids. :)
Thanks.
Michael
We would be happy to help you. Give us a call. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ 66stryker66
Budget.
250 to 300 on the screen.
projector I should probably keep under a grand.
500 to 700 or so on the receiver
I will be purchasing in this order. Probably one item per month.

@ AV Science Sales 5
What are your hours?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts