AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new here and new to HT in general. I'm currently having a home built with a dedicated home theater. The room will be 21x13, and will be pre-wired for 7.1 SS.

Most of the hard work will be done, but prior to completion, I need to have it wired for items that I wish to add ie: HDMI, ect.

I'd like to know that I have all my bases covered before that time comes. My question is what cables do I need to have on hand? Will just an HDMI cable from where my componets will be to where the projector is mounted be enough?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I would run at least 1 x HDMI, 1 x Component and 4 x Cat5e, as it's a lot easier to run them now. The Cat5e is sort of a safety net, you can run a multitude of audio/video/control signals over it and it's fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You could consider running 2" conduit to the projector so you have the flexibility to add/change cables later.

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Agreed. If the space between the PJ and rack will be closed up perminently (drywall, not drop ceiling) I would run that HDMI *outside* of a 2" conduit. leave the conduit empty so that it is completely open for new cables. no need to partially fill it with a cable to begin with.

(I would run some heavy weight fishing line through it so that you have a "pull cord" ready to go when you want to fish the next run through it.)

-Suntan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts