AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just some background about me,i live in the uk and i have been into home cinema since 1995,i have lots of components since then from,Yamaha,Kenwood and now pioneer..I also love collectibles..so here is a few phto's of my new HC,i only redone the living room 2 weeks ago so any comments are welcome,please enjoy..its not much,but me family love it

Equipment..

Pioneer VSX1019 Reciever

Panasonic DMPBD35

Panasonic DMPBD60

Eltax Linear Responce 10.5 L/C/R

Elatax HT2 Bipoles

XBOX 360 Slim??

PS3 with updated 300GB HDD

Sky Hd

Q Acoustics 1000si Subwoofer

Paradigm 1000 Subwoofer(Still To Be Setup)

Samsung UE46D6750 3D led TV

QED & IXOS speaker cable and interconnects

209 Blu Rays..(i did have over 500 dvd's but i sold them to concentrate on my blu rays...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
We all define "cinema" differently. Sounds like you have bought an evolution of components for your ears over the years so may I suggest something a bit larger for your eyes?

We tried to have a home "at the cinema" experience with televisions but gave up when a 60in HDTV proved to still just be watching television with external speakers but when we finally used a projector and a separate screen we realized that "cinema" had arrived in our home. The manufacturers like to call their audio components "home cinema systems" when all they "stroke" are our ears

If you have the space I suggest you try to create something with a projector. A TV is like a small gray dog in the room while a projector is like a gray elephant!

Best of Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iI used to have a projector about 4 weeks ago,but it was only s-video and vga,so i am saving up for a optoma....i thought this site was meant to be friendly and for advice not some sarcastic bible like ear bashing...thanks for the heads up though....NOT..

you are all the same on these forums...critic,critic,critic...what ever happened to a bit of praise....or.."wow that looks good,keep it up"

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
It is a nice system, but it's one of those terms that can rub people the wrong way. Your implication is that you've got a home cinema. While true you do have a lot more than most off-the-shelf buyers have, it is still a long way from what many would consider a 'cinema'. If I went to my local cinema and was presented with a 46" screen, I would ask for my money back, no matter how good the rest of it sounded.

Now, that said, your television setup includes a solid mid-level product, which is good, and the audio setup includes some nice components.

You are up to three separate Blu-ray players, so I wouldn't be looking for another one unless you are thinking of going to a media server like a HDI Dune for sure. Nothing wrong with Panasonic, or the PS3.

I'm not familiar with the speakers, but they do look very nice, and if you are happy with the sound, then that's what's really important.

If it is your home, then I would recommend drilling some holes and getting the wiring inside the walls if you can. Long term, that's a really nice and clean thing to have.

But, the projector is one of those distinguishing features that changes your nice TV setup into a home cinema for a lot of people who would be looking.

I installed two 70" TVs this weekend, a 60" TV this weekend... My customer doesn't call any of those spaces a cinema - they reserve that term for their 110" projection/surround setup in the basement. I like to think the term means a lot more than 'tv', but it doesn't take away from your setup by calling it that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.