AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, first post here with a question. Just bought a new house with pre-wired ceiling speakers that I plan on using for my surround (5.1) setup. The speakers have a wall mounted volume control. I have Infinity Entra's for my front, center and sub. I plugged everything into my receiver but the volume in the surround speakers seems to be very low. I have limited adjustment with receiver (Onkio).

I don't know what kind of speakers are installed in the ceiling. Is it possible they are 4 ohm speakers while others are 8?

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
252 Posts
remove the volume control completely and splice the wires directly - the VC tends to absorb some of the volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried removing the volume control and didn't really get any improvement.

Also, some further research shows that the speakers are indeed 8 ohm speakers and the volume control jumpers are set to 1X. From what I can tell this is correct for 1 speaker pair.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Perhaps they are just very inefficient speakers? Although those Entras are no Klipsches... They're 86db from the quick google I just did, so maybe that's not it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts