AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so they are building my new home but without any customers wiringn as they were going to charge a lot for that so I decided I rather do it myself. I already bought a spool of 1000ft to run cat6 when its done. I also want to wire it for in wall speakers but have no idea where to start on that. Basically I want surround sound in the living room. 2 speakers out in the patio and if possible one in the master bath. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add that I am not an audiophile so it doesn't have to be expensive. Just whatever gets the job done. It would bennice if the outside zone had like an fm output to listen to radio with volume control. Same as bathroom. Bathroom could be connected the same to outside zone as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Piece of cake. You'll want to wire for a volume control for the patio and one for the bath. Pick a spot where your equipment will go (sounds like you're heading in the direction of a two-zone surround receiver). 16/2 speaker wire from that location to each surround speaker location. RG-59 from there to subwoofer location. 16/4 speaker wire plus Cat5e from equipment location to each of the 2 volume controls. 16/2 from each volume control to the respective speakers they will control. Don't forget about having hard-wired Ethernet and a cable/satellite feed where the equipment will go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanks. Do you have any recommendations on where to buy the supplies. Like I said I am not a big audiophile so anything budget friendly will work for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts

monoprice and parts express are two great companies for darn near anything you would need and often unbeatable prices for the quality. Reading reviews at their respective sites can help with decisions too. If you search either name their website will show.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts