AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me but shift work calls and I can't read thru all these posts.

Just purchased a new HP M8307 Media PC with Intel Quadcore 6600, Geforce 8400GS, 3g memory. Installed my new LG Super Combo Blu/HD drive and installed full version Powerdvd Ultra. Downloaded and installed latest update for that.

System works beautifully with 24" monitor, but I want to hook it up to my HT. Went HDMI to Yamaha VX2600, and HDMI to Mits WD73827. Again, beautiful, EXCEPT I can only get 2-channel stereo. I know when I go into Realtek properties and test for DD5.1 and DTS it works, and the receiver indicates a 5.1 source. But when going into PowerDVD tools, only a 2-speaker setup is available. The receiver then indicates and outputs only 2-channel sound.

Can anyone help out???? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Gene

·
Registered
10 Posts
When you say installed Power DVD full set-up are you talkin the disc that came with the LG drive (OEM)? If so, it is known that only the full version will give you the 5.1 you are looking for and you have to have that for around $99. The OEM is only a taste to make you want more...C

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using HDMI only (audio and video). I think the main issue is in the Realtek driver. The configuration option screen has only 2-channel stereo. Presumably that is why the receiver only indicates 2ch.

I downloaded the latest HD codec driver from Realtek, now I can't even test DD/DTS, which worked successfully before.

Gene

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erg0010 /forum/post/12897463

I am using HDMI only (audio and video). I think the main issue is in the Realtek driver. The configuration option screen has only 2-channel stereo. Presumably that is why the receiver only indicates 2ch.

I downloaded the latest HD codec driver from Realtek, now I can't even test DD/DTS, which worked successfully before.

Gene

What card are you using that combines audio and video into one HDMI cable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts