AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a used VW10HT that was refurbished by Sony after it was dropped. While he was waiting for it to be repaired, he bought a second VW10HT that he is currently using.

As I was showing interest in having my own Home Theatre setup, he said that he would be willing to sell his spare projector for about the same price as a new HS10.

What are the tradeoffs and performance features that each of these have? I know the current Sony VW12HT is considered to be somewhat better than the HS10 but not twice as good as the price might indicate. How about the VW10HT vs HS10 at the same price?

Thanks,

Marcopo:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a 10ht and have upgraded to the HS10. The HS10 is a much better unit then the 10 and on par with the 11. The HS10 has a much better scaler with 2:3 (3:2) pulldown, better contrast, a DVI-HDCP, less screendoor and is smaller and lighter. You should not pay the same amount for a 10HT as you would for a HS10. I sold my 10ht for much less then I paid for the HS10. The 12 (which I have not seen) is suppose to be slightly better then the HS10 but it still lacks the DVI-HDCP. Hope this helps.

-Patrick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, Patrick. I suspected as much, but your confirmation makes my decision to go with the HS10 much easier.

Marcopo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.