AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody, been lurking around and finally jumped to ask for help cause I think this is the mecca for all things HT! I am converting a bedroom into a theater and need design suggestions. Its 13X11 with 10ft vaulted ceiling, upstairs. I've already got the surround sound speakers wired as well as a two-tier platform 6"and 12" 4 feet apart, but no screen or projector yet. Thinking of the Infocus screenplay 4805, and uncertain as to permanent screen from DaLite or a 'paint on' version. What are the pros and cons of the two types? Not too familiar. I will post pics as soon as I am able to to make it easier to understand.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is the 13ft length long enough for a projector or should I go with a 42" Panny plasma EDTV?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading a few posts i see i can mask the window in the room with a DVD rack instead of blinds to block the light. Question, where can I buy the DVD rack or do I have to have it constructed custom?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ion-man
Is the 13ft length long enough for a projector or should I go with a 42" Panny plasma EDTV?
Depends on how big you want your screen to be. Pick your screen size, then find a projector that can handle the shorter throw. ProjectorCentral has a great projector calculator that lets you pick a projector based on throw distance.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks MrSquid, that calculator says I can probably use a 80" diagonal with the Infocus 4805. Its not as big as I would have wanted but hey, its bigger than the 42" Panasonic.

As for the link posted previously, after opening, click on "open room" and select 'HT room' to view my proposed set up. The two individual chairs will be recliners and both along with the sofa in back will be on separate risers 4' apart.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ion-man
Thanks MrSquid, that calculator says I can probably use a 80" diagonal with the Infocus 4805. Its not as big as I would have wanted but hey, its bigger than the 42" Panasonic.

As for the link posted previously, after opening, click on "open room" and select 'HT room' to view my proposed set up. The two individual chairs will be recliners and both along with the sofa in back will be on separate risers 4' apart.
Quote:
All I want for christmas is my two front seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.